Personal Support Worker - Temporary Full Time
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Baycrest Long Term Care Facility, Jewish Home for the Aged (Apotex)
PERSONAL SUPPORT WORKERS
Temporary Full Time (6 months)
Days/Evenings/Nights/Weekends /potential to rotate (shifts may be subject to change)
SEIU Service Hourly Pay Rate: $22.5388 - $23.1274
Apotex is a Baycrest Long Term Care facility with units ranging from Physical Support to Stroke and Cognitive Support to Mental Health Units. Our residents require assistance to enable them to continue to live their lives and fulfill their goals and daily activities. Our staff members work diligently with our clients and assist them in managing conditions common with aging such as physical (e.g. from ambulating independently to being wheel-chair bound), mental health, cognitive (from mild to severe including Dementia and Alzheimer) and stroke issues.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Supports, in consultation with the Registered Nurse/ Registered Practical Nurse, the physical and personal care needs of the client including, but not limited to: hygiene, grooming and dressing, toileting, recording nutrition and hydration intake, provision of preventative skin care
- Supports their independence, dignity, social, emotional and cultural well- being
- Initiates and maintains a relationship with the client, their family and other care providers
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Current P.S.W. certificate from a recognized community college or educational institute or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in Long-Term Care with clients in day programs or residents in a Long-Term Care setting preferred
- Certificate in Dementia Care preferred
- Training in Gentle Persuasive Approach and U-First preferred
- Psychogeriatric experience, i.e. mental health assessment and intervention and working with responsive behaviours including various types of dementia, delirium, mental health issues preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills
- Basic computer skills – Meditech, Microsoft Word and Excel preferred
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type