Personal Support Worker
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Inpatient Behavioral Neurology Unit on 4 West Hospital has an opportunity for a
PERSONAL SUPPORT WORKER, PART TIME
30 Bi-weekly Hours – Day/Evening / potential to rotate/ Alternate Weekends (shifts may be subject to change)
Inpatient Behavioral Neurology Unit on 4 West, Hospital is a short stay secure inpatient unit for adults with neurologic compromises. It offers a specialized interdisciplinary service that focuses on diagnosis, assessment and treatment of complex neurological diseases and associated behavioural symptoms. The overall goal is to enhance the wellbeing of the client and improve their quality of life.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supports, in consultation with the Registered Practical Nurse/Registered Nurse, the physical and personal care needs of the client including, but not limited to: hygiene, grooming and dressing, toileting, recording nutrition and hydration intake, provision of preventative skin care
- Supports patients’ independence, dignity, social, emotional and cultural well - being
- Initiates and maintains a relationship with the client, their family and other care providers
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Current P.S.W. certificate from a recognized community college or educational institute or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to work independently and as a part of the interdisciplinary team, and effectively manage challenging situations
- Experience working with clients with cognitive impairment/dementia and experience working with clients who exhibit high intensity responsive behaviours preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills
- Basic computer skills – Meditech, Microsoft Word and Excel preferred
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
Date Posted: October 24, 2019
Closing Date: November 1, 2019
Posting # 19-0868
Position # PSW293
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type