Personal Support Worker
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Complex Continuing Care Unit on 5 West Hospital has an opportunity for a
PERSONAL SUPPORT WORKER, TEMPORARY PART TIME (APPROX. 6 MONTHS)
30 hours bi-weekly – Days (shifts may be subject to change)
SEIU Service Hourly Pay Rate: $22.5388 to $23.1274
Complex Continuing Care Unit on 5 West, provides care for older patients with complex medical conditions in a non-acute hospital setting. The Complex Continuing Care Program helps patients and their families identify strategies that support quality-of-life goals as well as short term and long term care needs.
Responsibilities include but
are not limited to:
- Supports, in consultation with the Registered Practical Nurse/Registered Nurse, the physical and personal care needs of the client including, but not limited to: hygiene, grooming and dressing, toileting, recording nutrition and hydration intake, provision of preventative skin care
- Supports patients’ independence, dignity, social, emotional and cultural well - being
- Initiates and maintains a relationship with the client, their family and other care providers
Qualifications include but
are not limited to:
- Current P.S.W. certificate from a recognized community college or educational institute or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to work independently and as a part of the interdisciplinary team, and effectively manage challenging situations
- Experience working with clients with cognitive impairment/dementia and experience working with clients who exhibit high intensity responsive behaviours preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills
- Basic computer skills – Meditech, Microsoft Word and Excel preferred
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
Date Posted: September 22, 2020
Expiry Date: September 30, 2020
Posting #: 20-0637
Position #: PSW297
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type