Personal Support Worker
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Inpatient Psychiatry Program on 4 East, Hospital has an opportunity for a
PERSONAL SUPPORT WORKER/HEALTH CARE AIDE, PART TIME
23 Bi-weekly Hours – Day/Evening, alternate weekends, potential to rotate (shifts may be subject to change)
SEIU Service Hourly Pay Rate: $22.1839 - $22.7632
The Inpatient Psychiatry Program on 4 East, Hospital provides assessment and short term management of mental health issues, by an interdisciplinary team, for adults over the age of 65. The major focus of the unit is on complex individuals who have been diagnosed with a mental illness and have comorbid medical diagnoses such as Parkinson’s disease.
Responsibilities include but are
not limited to:
- Supports, in consultation with the Registered Practical Nurse/Registered Nurse, the physical and personal care needs of the client including, but not limited to: hygiene, grooming and dressing, toileting, recording nutrition and hydration intake, provision of preventative skin care
- Supports patients’ independence, dignity, social, emotional and cultural well - being
- Initiates and maintains a relationship with the client, their family and other care providers
Qualifications include but are
not limited to:
- Current P.S.W. certificate from a recognized community college or educational institute or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to work independently and as a part of the interdisciplinary team, and effectively manage challenging situations
- Experience with responsive behaviours preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills
- Basic computer skills – Meditech, Microsoft Word and Excel preferred
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Posting Date: December 24, 2019
Posting # 19-1036
Position #: PSW380
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type