Payroll & Human Resources Coordinator
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Human Resources Department at Baycrest has an opportunity for a
PAYROLL & HUMAN RESOURCES COORDINATOR, FULL TIME
70 Hours Bi-weekly, Non-Union
The Human Resources Department is responsible for facilitating the administrative functions associated with events throughout the employee life cycle. The Human Resources Department also maintains an extensive suite of programs and services, which require ongoing support and data generation to support operational managers. The Human Resources Department, as part of the Corporate Services and CHRO Division, plays an integral role in supporting Baycrest’s goal of becoming a workplace of choice.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assists in the processing of the bi-weekly payroll, ensuring the accuracy of payroll inputs and deductions
- Responsible for producing and analyzing a variety of payroll and HR reports
- Assists with various compensation/benefit projects and surveys
- Assist with legislative changes that potentially impact HR and Payroll processes
- Provides superior customer service to Baycrest leaders and employees
- Effectively communicate payroll data to the HR team, Baycrest leaders and employees
- Provide backup coverage for the front desk of the Human Resources Department
- Investigates and responds to general employee and manager concerns or inquiries on a timely basis
- Assists with ad-hoc projects as required
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Completion of a post-secondary program in Business, majoring in Human Resources and/or Payroll preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working towards the Certified Human Resource Professional (CHRP) designation and/or Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) certification is an asset
- Minimum of two (2) years related experience, within an institutional health care setting is preferred
- Experience working with collective agreements is an asset
- Good knowledge of all applicable legislation (Employment Standards Act, Human Rights Code, Pay Equity Act, Canada Pension Plan Act, Employment Insurance Act, etc.)
- Experience administering the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (‘HOOPP’) or similar pension plan is an asset
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Experience with HRIS (Empath or equivalent) systems
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication, and listening skills
- Ability to organize time, set priorities and multitask in order to meet various competing work, deadlines and continual interruptions
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type