ONDRI Research Assistant
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The Rotman Research Institute at Baycrest has an opportunity for an
ONDRI RESEARCH ASSISTANT
for a one year term-limited contract - 70.00 Hours bi-weekly – Non-Union
The Rotman Research Institute is a premier international centre for the study of human brain function with a primary research focus on memory and the executive functions of the brain, both in normal aging and in the presence of neurological diseases and conditions which affect the brain. The Ontario Neurodegenerative Disease Research Initiative (ONDRI) is a multidisciplinary longitudinal research program funded by the Ontario Brain Institute that is investigating commonalities and distinctions amongst several neurodegenerative conditions, including Alzheimer’s disease and mild cognitive impairment, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, frontotemporal dementias, Parkinson’s disease, and vascular cognitive impairment. For more information - http://ondri.ca/
This one-year position (possibility of renewal pending funding) will assist in the quality control process for longitudinal data from multiple assessment platforms including neuroimaging, neuropsychology, gait and balance, retinal imaging, and eye tracking. The successful candidate will use and extend existing tools developed by our team in R and Rstudio, develop tools for data quality and structure checks, and support researchers by summarizing data in tabular and graphical displays. This position is supervised by Drs. Malcolm Binns and Stephen Strother.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Engage with platform data curators, research teams, and data warehouse experts
- Perform quality control screening to detect deviations from required file structure and expected data patterns
- Maintain written log of quality control process
- Guide and assist data collection teams in preparing data to be shared
- Monitor optimization of data screening analysis processes
- Perform basic statistical analyses and generate visual data displays as requested
- Maintain and update interactive online dashboard.
Qualifications (include but are not limited to):
- Completion of a BSc degree in Neuroscience, Statistical Science, Computer Science, or related discipline
- Experience in quantitative research in the medical field, including analyses of data using common statistical software such as R/RStudio or Python
- Experience with data management and using research databases are assets
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills
- Detail oriented, accurate, dependable and flexible individual, able to work independently and capable of multi-tasking.
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Internal Expiry Date: July 8, 2019
Posting # 19-0390
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type