Occupational Therapist Assistant/Physiotherapist Assistant
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Health Disciplines has an opportunity for a
OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST ASSISTANT/
PHYSIOTHERAPIST ASSISTANT (DUAL-TRAINED)
SEIU Service Hourly Rate: $25.4197 - $28.0575
The Occupational Therapy Assistant/Physiotherapy Assistant (OTA/PTA), working in Health Disciplines, provides clinical care to various hospital clients, both inpatient and outpatient. The OTA/PTAs take instruction from and are supervised by individual Occupational Therapists and Physiotherapists.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Carries out Ambulation & Transfer training, Activities of Daily Living (‘ADL’) and Instrumental Activities of Daily Living (‘IADL’) for clients
- Carries out Upper Extremity program/Lower Extremity program, Range of Motion / stretching program, mobility training, transfer training, cognitive training, functional treatment, exercise classes, group treatment and educational treatment for clients and/or caregivers
- Provides indirect care like sewing modification, adaptive clothing, positioning devices, environmental modification (e.g. rearranging furniture), wheelchair/walker modification, inventory check/maintaining equipment
- Delivers outreach and telemedicine programming as assigned
- Assists clients in purchasing equipment
- Participates in supervision of OTA/PTA students and volunteers
Qualifications (include but are not limited to):
- Occupational Therapist Assistant/Physiotherapist Assistant (OTA/PTA) diploma from an accredited College program; or Physiotherapy Assistant or Occupational Therapist Assistant program with the corresponding bridging program
- Recent and related experience, preferably in a dual role (within the last six (6) months) or a 30-hour refresher course completed no later than December 31, 2015
- Recent related rehabilitation experience with older adult populations with various conditions (orthopaedic, neurological, musculoskeletal, mental health, etc.) preferred
- Knowledge of Occupational Therapy & Physiotherapy areas of practice including activities of daily of living, assistive devices, home safety and energy conservation, transfers and ambulation
- Knowledge of and skill in providing a range of interventions geared to improving and maintaining function through the use of groups or one-on-one basis
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and problem solving skills
- Advanced computer skills – Meditech, MDS, SERS, Microsoft Word and Excel, NRS/FIM preferred, experience with telemedicine preferred
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Internal Expiry Date: July 2, 2019
Posting # 19-0384
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type