- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The Occupational Therapy Department (Centralized) has an opportunity for an
OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST, TEMPORARY, FULL TIME
APPROX. 6 MONTHS
75 Bi-weekly Hours / Days (shifts may be subject to change)
OPSEU 583 Hourly Pay Rate: $34.18 - $47.38
Be part of Baycrest’s interdisciplinary specialized geriatric rehabilitation team. The Slow Stream Rehabilitation Unit provides care to older adults with orthopaedic conditions (i.e. hip and knee replacement, fracture) and general medical issues (i.e. sepsis, deconditioning due to prolonged hospitalization) as well as neurodegenerative diseases. Clients that are admitted to this unit are generally physically compromised with complex medical conditions that require a lower tolerance rehabilitation over an extended period of time (low tolerance, longer duration).
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conducting client assessments, treatment planning and intervention as well as discharge planning for older adults in a hospital setting, utilizing both direct and consultative models of service delivery.
- Playing a key role in clinical decision-making and client advocacy for clients who may have multiple medical &/or mental health issues, and be experiencing changes in cognition, deconditioning, neurological and/or musculoskeletal conditions.
- Comfort assigning to occupational therapy assistants when appropriate.
- Participating actively in the teaching programs for occupational therapy and occupational therapy assistant students.
- Supporting a systematic, evidence-based approach to client care, program development and evaluation, and professional practice, in close collaboration with inter-professional team members, volunteers and the Occupational Therapy clinical team.
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Licensure in good standing with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario
- Experience with an older adult population with multiple medical conditions and/or cognitive impairment as well as mental health issues.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and problem solving skills
- Basic computer skills – Meditech, MDS, Microsoft Word and Excel, NRS/FIM preferred
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
Date Posted: August 20, 2020
Closing Date: August 26, 2020
Posting # 20-0586
Position # THO013
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type