- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The Integrated Community Care Team (ICCT) has an opportunity for a
NURSE PRACTITIONER, TEMPORARY FULL TIME
(12 months Contract)
75 Biweekly hours – Days (shifts may be subject to change)
Hourly Pay Rate: $49.15 - $61.79
Be part of Baycrest’s interdisciplinary specialized geriatric outpatient team. The Integrated Community Care Team (ICCT) provides seamless integrated primary care and support to homebound seniors in the community.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provides primary medical care and/or follow up to an agreed upon group of clients/patients and their families within outpatient programs
- Assesses, diagnoses and provides intervention for diseases, disorders and conditions as per the Collaborative Practice agreement for the ICCT
- Participate on Hub team of Project ECHO Care of the Elderly
- Communicates findings and diagnoses and discusses health outcomes and prognoses to patients, families and the interprofessional care team
- Assumes a leadership role within the program and the interdisciplinary team to develop solutions/service delivery models that provide exceptional patient/family care
- Provision of leadership in advocating for clients at the point of care, across the organizations and/or at the health system/policy level.
- Encourages and models critical clinical inquiry that drives the development of nursing research and improves patient care
- Identifies needs and makes recommendations for changes within the system to enhance both clinical practice and client outcomes
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Current certificate of competence, in good standing, from the College of Nurses of Ontario in the Extended Class (RN (EC))
- Membership in Nurse Practitioners’ Association of Ontario (‘NPAO’) preferred
- Nurse Practitioner-Primary Health Care (‘NP-PHC’) or Nurse Practitioner-Adult (‘NP-Adult’) certificate from a recognized program
- National certification in Gerontology Nursing from the CNA
- Minimum five (5) years providing geriatric care in a combination of at least two of the following settings: hospital inpatient, outpatient, homecare and virtual care
- Demonstrated competency in autonomous diagnosis, order and interpretation of diagnostic tests, prescribing pharmaceuticals and performing procedures within the RN (EC) legislated scope of practice, designated medical directives and Collaborative Practice Agreement
- Advanced competence with computers and mobile communications is required
- Demonstrated effective leadership skills – including flexibility, creativity and commitment
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including dealing with conflict, mentoring, and coaching
- Demonstrated research knowledge, program planning, implementation and evaluation skills
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type