- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Baycrest Ambulatory Services has an opportunity for a
NURSE PRACTITIONER, PART TIME
30 Biweekly Hours
Hourly Pay Rate: $50.01 - $62.87
Don’t miss this opportunity to be part of Baycrest’s ambulatory services. Through your work, you will provide care for clients living independently in the community who can benefit from an interprofessional team to address physical, cognitive, psychosocial and environmental issues that are having an impact on function, with a focus on chronic disease management. This will include the provision of group education as well as working individually with clients to achieve their health goals. Your assessment and goal setting will inform the comprehensive assessment and treatment plan of clients. Join us to help shape a new and innovative service in our health care system.
Using an agile development approach, as the successful candidate you will be an effective and integral team member that will contribute to the team’s development, programming, and knowledge. You will work creatively in a variety of community environments, including using online platforms to provide virtual access to care. You will partner with family physicians in providing care to your mutual patients and liaise with other relevant community and hospital-based stakeholders.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provides an advanced assessment, formulates diagnoses develops and implements a therapeutic pharmacological and none pharmacological treatment plan and consultation.
- Facilitates continuity of care by working collaboratively with interprofessional health teams including family physicians, community partners and family members
- Communicates findings and diagnoses and discusses health outcomes and prognoses to patients, families, family physician and the interprofessional care team
- Assumes a leadership role within the program and the interdisciplinary team to develop solutions/service delivery models that provide exceptional patient/family care
- Provision of leadership in advocating for clients at the point of care, across the organizations and/or at the health system/policy level.
- Encourages and models critical clinical inquiry that drives the development of nursing research and improves patient care
- Identifies needs and makes recommendations for changes within the system to enhance both clinical practice and client outcomes
- Participates in team meetings, development and evaluation activities and takes a leadership role in team rounds
- Ability to provide some evening and weekend shifts on a regular basis.
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Current certificate of competence, in good standing, from the College of Nurses of Ontario in the Extended Class (RN (EC)
- Membership in Nurse Practitioners’ Association of Ontario (‘NPAO’) preferred
- Nurse Practitioner-Primary Health Care (‘NP-PHC’) or Nurse Practitioner-Adult (‘NP-Adult’) certificate from a recognized program
- National certification in Gerontology Nursing from the CNA
- Minimum two (2) years providing geriatric care in a combination of at least two of the following settings: hospital inpatient, community primary care, homecare and virtual care is preferred
- Demonstrated competency in autonomous diagnosis, order and interpretation of diagnostic tests, prescribing pharmaceuticals and performing procedures within the RN (EC) legislated scope of practice, designated medical directives and Collaborative Practice Agreement
- Advanced competence with computers and mobile communications is required
- Demonstrated effective leadership skills – including flexibility, creativity and commitment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated research knowledge, program planning, implementation and evaluation skills
- Knowledge of the regional health system in the area of geriatrics, adult and pre/post-natal health is an asset
- Ability to work flexible hours including occasional evening and weekends
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
- Residency in Englemount-Lawrence or Forest Hill North is an asset.
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
Date Posted: November 15, 2019
Closing Date: November 22, 2019
Posting #: 19-0892
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type