Neuroinformatics Operations Manager
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The Rotman Institute at Baycrest has an opportunity for a
Neuroinformatics Operations Manager (TDRA)
Non-Union – Temporary Full Time (until March 31, 2020)
The Rotman Research Institute (RRI) is a premier international centre for the study of human brain function. The primary research focus is on memory and the executive functions of the brain, both in normal aging and in the presence of diseases and conditions which affect the brain, such as stroke, traumatic brain injury, Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Protect and maintain participant confidentiality at all times
- Works with the management team to identify organizational information management (IM) and information technology (IT) needs
- Manage the staff, processes, and technology to work in harmony ensuring accuracy and completeness of data quality and analysis
- Assess overall data quality by overseeing data input, developing and performing audits for data quality, ensuring data integrity and accuracy.
- Recognizes and responds appropriately, in accordance with established policies and processes, to patient/client safety events.
- Assisting in database construction
- Assisting in the development and amendments of Research Ethics Board (REB) applications
- Liaising with the lead investigators, research team and clinical providers throughout the research process
- Communicating with computer programmers as well as clinical staff
- Assist in the development and execution of project evaluation activities
- Develops data management processes, reports and infrastructure to efficiently source and integrate multiple internal / external data sources to increase the value of the data to the organization and potentially to external organizations
- Assists lead investigators with grant reporting, applications and extensions
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- BA/BSc in business administration, health administration, information management, health or science-related discipline or recognized equivalent
- MA/MSc preferred
- CCRP and/or PMP designation preferred
- Experience managing staff
- Some experience working with the elderly and/or individuals with cognitive difficulties
- Some experience with database administration
- Some experience with the development of electronic tools
- Some experience working with programmers
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of statistical software (e.g., SPSS) data management and databases (e.g.: Medidata RAVE, OpenClinica etc) would be an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and professionally, as well as in a team environment with strong problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to cope in stressful situations
- Detail-oriented, accurate, and dependable with strong organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize your workload and the flexibility to adjust to changing work plans, schedules and deadlines
- Self-motivated team member with a demonstrated ability to show initiative
- Ability to interact with a range of health professionals and support staff, through exchange of information, consulting, problem solving and training as required
- Ability to travel across the GTA to study sites (Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, University Health Network, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre)
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Internal Expiry Date: January 2, 2019
Posting # 18-0682
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type