Media & Graphic Design Coordinator
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Marketing & Communications Department at Baycrest has an opportunity
MEDIA AND GRAPHIC DESIGN COORDINATOR
Full Time, Non-Union, 70 Hours Bi-weekly
The Baycrest Foundation seeks a talented visual communicator for the role of Media & Graphic Design Coordinator to clarify and crystallize concepts and ideas visually and in ways that inspire action in support of fundraising. The ideal candidate for the Media & Graphic Design Coordinator role combines their skills in design with the ability to communicate effectively with multiple stakeholders to create dynamic and successful proposals, presentations and reports, as well as fundraising event collateral including logos, postcards, invitations, posters, programs, ads, web and social graphics and signage. This includes the creation of video-based content and original photography for use on internal and external channels. This role requires an eye for detail, a passion for storytelling and the technical skills to produce visual content from conception to completion. The successful candidate will excel working on multiple and overlapping projects from concept to design execution and work closely with the Manager Fundraising Initiatives as well as the Major Gifts and Marketing & Communications teams to prepare proposals, pitches, reports, and presentations for meetings with new and existing donors. The incumbent will also support the design of dynamic and compelling collateral in support of staple fundraising events including The Brain Project, The Scotiabank Pro-Am for Alzheimer’s, and brand awareness pieces.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Works closely with the fundraising teams, timely delivery of impactful donor-ready design and digital materials in various formats – presentations, cases for support, stewardship reports, and proposals – to help engage donors and secure major gifts funding.
- Develops and maintains relationships with internal stakeholders in order to seek out and clarify information as required for packaging fundraising opportunities.
- Serves as a support to the senior designer in graphic design projects for print and web materials produced for the Foundation
- Works closely with team Managers to ensure projects are on schedule and meet all requirements
- Works with multiple levels of input and revisions
- Supports Digital Team by creating web ads, web graphics, videos for social, wireframes and web mockups
- Provides technical expertise to team when needed
- Assists with photography and video production.
- Digital editing of video footage and still images, while applying graphic treatment where needed.
- Responsible for end-to-end digital content development from brainstorming, story boarding, design, composition, raw video and audio selection, editing, to rendering of assets.
- Archives content, maintains, and label library of stills, video footage and audio tracks.
- Researches industry trends and pitch new ideas, designs and story concepts
- Packs, transports and manages video camera, tripods, lighting equipment, microphones, and other associated equipment to all sites and other necessary locations.
- Creates various types of content including long-form, short-form, documentary-style, news-style, educational and social media vignettes.
- Colour correcting and audio mixing.
Qualifications (include but are not limited to):
- Relevant post-secondary education in Graphic Design and Marketing or a combination of education and experience
- 3-5 years’ experience in a fundraising environment and a track record of creating compelling presentations and proposals that have garnered fundraising results strongly preferred
- Experience managing complex projects and competing deadlines
- Excellent project management skills, analytical ability, and capacity to manage multiple high-priority tasks
- Flexible, attentive to detail, works well in a fast-paced environment and is deadline-driven
- Utilizing graphic design skills to support organizational objectives on both small scale and large scale projects
- Utilizing written communication skills to clarify and enhance information
- Intermediate Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign skills
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, specifically Word and Powerpoint
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to translate the institutional funding priorities into visually compelling and persuasive collateral for donors and prospects.
- Strong research, excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong sense of branding and understands the need for consistency.
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Premiere, Photoshop and the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Expert skill using DLSR, video, audio and lighting equipment
- Proficient in using a PC.
- Confidence and skill in performing all tasks of a videographer, editor, director, photographer and project manager.
- Experience in the creation and posting content for all social media platforms including Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook, Vimeo and YouTube.
- Strong lighting and cinematography skills, as well as an eye for detail and art direction.
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Internal Expiry Date: June 18, 2020
Posting # 20-0483
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type