- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Food & Nutrition Services at Baycrest has an opportunity for a
MASHGIACH, TEMPORARY, PART TIME
(APPROX. 6 MONTHS)
30 Hours Bi-Weekly – Day/Evening including some weekends (shifts subject to change)
SEIU Service Hourly Rate: $22.52 - $22.9752
Baycrest provides care and service to approximately 2,000 people a day through a unique continuum of care system, ranging from wellness programs, residential housing and outpatient clinics, to a 472-bed nursing home, and a 300-bed complex continuing care facility with an acute care unit. Baycrest is a world-class leader in innovation in aging, with the acclaimed Rotman Research Institute, considered one of the premier brain institutes in the world, and the Kunin-Lunenfeld Applied and Evaluative Research Unit (‘KLAERU’), which supports clinical research and application of research findings directly to patient care. Most recently, Baycrest was called to lead the The Centre for Aging and Brain Health Innovation (C-ABHI): C-ABHI is a solution accelerator for the aging and brain health sector.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Ensuring that laws of Kashruth are adhered to within areas of responsibility and sensitive to diverse cultural needs.
- Ensuring full compliance with all necessary sanitation, safety, and food safety standards within areas of responsibility.
- Participating in menu planning, product evaluation and developing menus and schedules for holidays, in conjunction with other senior department staff.
- Liaising with clients, centre’s management personnel, physicians, relevant committees and other staff regarding matters that fall within areas of responsibility.
- Complying with the development, implementation, and evaluation of quality, utilization and risk management programs appropriate to designated areas.
- Adhering to all safety measures including utilization of Personal Protective Equipment as required.
- Adhering to infection control practices, policies and procedures.
- Supervising all Kashruth services with the designated areas according to Baycrest’s Mission Statement, ethics, standards of practice, values and strategic plan.
Qualifications (include but are not limited to):
- Completion of two (2) years schooling at a Yeshiva.
- Previous related experience, particularly in a large-scale food services organization is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Kashruth practices and protocols.
- Good oral and written English skills.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and independently to accomplish daily tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- A cheerful, kind, pleasant, courteous and caring manner is essential
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
Date Posted: October 1, 2020
Closing Date: October 8, 2020
Posting # 20-0672
Position # MSG002
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type