Marketing & Communications Content Specialist
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The Centre for Aging and Brain Health Innovation (CABHI) has an opportunity for a
MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS CONTENT SPECIALIST
TEMPORARY, FULL TIME
NON-UNION, 70 HOURS BI-WEEKLY, 6 MONTH CONTRACT
The CABHI Marketing and Communications team is responsible for developing and executing marketing and communication strategies for a wide range of internal and external audiences that support CABHI’s operational plan, business goals, strategic objectives and brand awareness goals. The team is part of the Division of Business Development, and manages CABHI’s reputation; brand stewardship, social and digital media, event planning, media relations, marketing outreach and customer relations. Reporting to the Director of Business Development, the Communications Content Specialist works closely with the Senior Communication Specialist and Senior Marketing Specialist to ensure consistency and alignment of messaging.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Interviews project leads, innovators, industry partners, seniors, caregivers, other consumers, current project participants and organizations, to write, edit and proofread stories about the impact and role of CABHI, and the impact of the CABHI funded projects/innovations on key users’ quality of life and/or quality of work life
- Creates content (text, stories, images, videos, blogs, testimonials, quotes, Q&A style interviews, magazine articles, etc.) for digital and print media, which may be published by CABHI or a third party and posting content to CABHI’s website and social media channels
- Collaborates with and supports the Knowledge Implementation Specialists by creating content for knowledge implementation (text, stories, educational material to support user learning and innovation adoption
- Works in collaboration with the CABHI Marketing and Communications team and the Knowledge Mobilization Specialists to help post materials on CABHI’s website and social media channels or on selected other knowledge mobilization vehicles
- Helps plan marketing and communications activities, such as writing brochures, blogs, poster content, facilitating photography/videography of events & activities
- Supports the ongoing development of CABHI marketing and distribution lists, focusing on researching industry organizations, research groups, and healthcare stakeholders who are relevant to CABHI programs and marketing activities
- Maintains and shares a weekly list of media mentions of CABHI, CABHI partners, competitors, and related organizations. The purpose is to update the Marketing / Communications team, and the CABHI organization as a whole through weekly media monitoring emails
- Supports the plan and execution of initiatives to reach the target audience through appropriate channels (social media, e-mail, etc.)
- Collaborates with marketing, communications, and other CABHI teams to coordinate brand awareness and marketing
- Provides marketing/communications support for event launches and collaborates with the CABHI team and the administrative coordinator to assist with the coordination of logistics.
- Performs cross-functional and other duties as assigned and /or required
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- University degree in Communications, Media Studies, Marketing, Publishing, English, Journalism or a related field with emphasis on written communication or equivalent qualification
- Minimum of 3 years related experience researching, writing and editing copy and creating content across a broad range of media, including print, social and digital media
- Minimum of 3 year’s experience planning and coordinating events
- Relevant knowledge/experience in the health care space preferred
- Previous exposure to healthcare environment an asset
- Graphic design experience (Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) an asset
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of social and digital media platforms (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, WordPress, etc.) and able to post to these channels
- Knowledge of Adobe After Effects or video production software an asset
- Excellent ability to accurately take complex information and develop lay language research/content/story summaries for broad dissemination to multiple stakeholder groups
- Excellent writing, editing, proofreading, research skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to gather accurate information and data and to conduct interviews with innovators, health care professionals, industry partners, caregivers and end-users (clients)
- Able to work under tight deadlines to create and deliver materials
- Maintains confidentiality/privacy of information where appropriate
- Good organizational skills to work independently and as part of a team and to meet strict deadlines
- Well-organized and detail oriented
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Date Posted: August 20, 2019
Closing Date: Sept 7 , 2019
Posting # 19-0506
Position # ABS005
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type