- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Marketing & Communications Department at Baycrest has an opportunity for a
MANAGER, MARKETING – TEMPORARY FULL TIME
(6 – 12 Month Contract) 70 Hours Bi-weekly, Non-Union
The Baycrest Marketing and Communications department is responsible for developing and executing communications strategies for a wide range of internal and external audiences in support of Baycrest’s strategic objectives. The team manages Baycrest’s reputation, and works with senior leaders to manage issues and enhance the public perception of Baycrest as a leader in geriatric care, research, innovation and education. This includes working in support of the fundraising efforts of the Baycrest Foundation. It also oversees all aspects of the organization’s brand, both internally and externally.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Working closely with the Executive Director, Marketing & Communications, manages multi-year brand repositioning campaign alongside agency partners to support the creation of compelling campaigns with measurable outcomes
- Drives brand awareness of Baycrest and our leadership and fundraising priorities within the local and broader (national and international) community through strategic marketing and communications initiatives supported by media relations, digital and social media
- Works both proactively and responsively with all areas of the organization in a project manager role to ensure alignment, brand cohesion and identify synergies/opportunities in all programs, services, events and announcements by creating multi-channel marketing strategies that are branded, measurable, and developed with awareness building and fundraising priorities in mind
- Develops, executes and oversees clear strategic marketing plans with specific and measurable goals for programs services and special initiatives (Centre, Foundation, partner organization initiatives or announcements, etc.);
- Guides and participates directly in the creation of supporting branded content such as ads, print and digital marketing collateral,, etc.
- Builds strong internal and external relationships to support positive PR and media coverage, counsels on brand considerations within all areas of the organization and engenders a culture of brand advocacy
- Works with vendors and staff to evaluate and recommend solutions and ideas related to paid media, print outputs and infrastructure
- Oversees and provides guidance related to brand research, strategy and execution as it pertains to media presence, marketing collateral and opportunities
- Oversees Marketing & Communications staff who support the Marketing portfolio and works collaboratively with other Managers and organizational contacts
Qualifications (include but are not limited to):
- University Degree or College Diploma (Communications, Journalism, Marketing)
- Minimum of 7 years in communications, marketing, public relations/media position where responsibilities have included: demonstrated success in the development and implementation of integrated strategic marketing and communications plans, campaigns, projects and initiatives
- Agency experience an asset
- Prior responsibilities should include: marketing strategies, leading cross-functional initiatives, brand building and management, responsibility for budget, hands on production of newsletters
- Successful track record of maximizing the use of both earned and paid to support brand building, public awareness and fundraising
- Experience managing direct and/or reports critical to the implementation of marketing strategies.
- Experience leading deliverables required from design teams and managing the delivery of collateral - printed and digital
- MS Office (excellent MS Word, Excel skills, PowerPoint)
- Experience using the Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign and Photoshop)
- Experience with photography; social media platforms (YouTube, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram),
- Basic HTML an asset
- Photography/video skills are assets
- Calm demeanor in the face of pressure
- Consummate team player
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Internal Expiry Date: October 2, 2020
Posting # 20-0635
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type