Manager, Long Term Care
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Apotex, Jewish Home for the Aged at Baycrest has an opportunity for a
LONG TERM CARE MANAGER
Reporting to the Director, Care and Resident Experience (Apotex Centre), the Unit Director provides leadership to an inter-professional team for the day to day operations on the unit and within the Program. Promoting and facilitating the vision and philosophy of care of the clients in the Apotex Centre the Unit Director is responsible for managing assigned human resources for the provision of resident care, to ensure a safe environment for residents and staff, to assess, plan and make decisions for the purpose of resolving clinical and team issues , support consultation to internal/external stakeholders on all aspects of services to residents and continuously ensures that the focus of our services achieves excellence in all aspects of our service delivery on both a strategic and operational level. The Unit Director communicates these decisions to all the assigned staff on the care team.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Co-ordinates, directs and monitors the effectiveness of all operational activities within the nursing department.
- Participates in the recruitment, employee and labour relations, orientation, occupational and non-occupational injury/illness, performance management, training, education and other people related functions of the Home for respective department team members.
- Oversees clinical care processes to ensure that care is delivery according to the individual plans of care for residents.
- Works with the DOC to promote and ensure standards of practice are achieved and evaluated
- Leads the implementation and evaluation of required clinical programs such as Falls Prevention, Skin and Wound Care, Palliative Care and Quality of Life Programs.
- Contributes to the development of job routines for all nursing personnel and adjust job routines based on resident care needs.
- Responds promptly to concerns of residents and family members, mediating a satisfactory response to concerns and implements action plans to avoid reoccurrence of similar issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications (include but are not limited to):
- Sc.N Degree is required.
- Masters’ Degree in Health Discipline preferred.
- A current certificate of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario required.
- Membership with Registered Nurses’ Association of Ontario required.
- A current Basic Cardiac Life Support Certification (BCLS) –Level C.
- Certificate in Gerontological nursing preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years related nursing experience required.
- Two (2) years’ experience in a supervisory capacity required, including labour and employee relations experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite of Software, Point Click Care (PCC), MDS, RMR and budgeting softwares.
- Experience in program planning, development, implementation and evaluation an asset.
- Excellent organizational, communication, planning and time management skills.
- Demonstrated effective critical thinking, analytical, decision making and problem-resolution skills.
- Demonstrated expertise and ability to apply, teach, coach and mentor individuals and teams.
- Demonstrated expertise in responsive behaviour management, PIECES or equivalent; crisis intervention and dementia.
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Internal Expiry Date: June 22, 2020
Posting # 20-0499
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type