Manager, Human Resources
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The Human Resources Department at Baycrest has an opportunity for a
MANAGER, HUMAN RESOURCES, FULL TIME
Full time, Non-Union
The Manager, Human Resources is a business partner that works collaboratively with stakeholders to provide strategic HR advice and business solutions that are grounded in HR best practice and aligned with the operational and strategic goals of the organization. The Manager, Human Resources takes a client-centered approach to providing a full range of HR services in the areas of: employee and labour relations, recruitment, compensation & benefits, absence & disability management, and reporting. The Manager, Human Resources serves as a champion for promoting and delivering HR programming and initiatives that are compliant with legislation, organizational policies and that help foster a positive employee experience.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develops an in-depth understanding of Baycrest’s operations in order to integrate strategic Human Resources into their business
- Provides expertise, support and guidance on functions and practices related to Human Resources
- Acts as the lead customer service agent for a designated portfolio, receiving issues/ complaints and facilitating timely resolution to the satisfaction of management clients
- Monitors and analyzes human capital measures for a designated portfolio to support management decision-making, short- and long-range planning and strategy development
- Provides policy, legislation and collective agreement administration and interpretation services to managers and employees
- Leads labour relations functions including Labour-Management Committees (‘LMC’), grievance administration, collective bargaining and issue investigation and response
- Works independently and in teams to plan, organize and implement projects related to the continuous improvement of Baycrest Human Resources programs and services
- Takes a client-centered approach to provide responsive, effective, timely, proactive support to meet all HR service needs
- Stays current with HR best practices and is self-directed in improving existing systems and processes to maximize effectiveness and efficiencies
- Initiates and develops respectful and collaborative working relationships with peers and associates in other departments across Baycrest to foster a productive, supportive work environment
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- University degree in Human Resources Management, Labour Relations or related field of study is required
- Certified Human Resources Leader certification is preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of senior level experience in a Human Resources, with an emphasis on Labour and Employee Relations
- Extensive experience conducting effective workplace investigations
- Previous experience working in a multi-union, non-profit organization; experience in a complex health care facility (Hospital and/or Long-Term Care facility) is strongly preferred
- Extensive knowledge of applicable legislation and regulations, including the Employment Standards Act, Labour Relations Act, Occupational Health & Safety Act, Long-Term Care Act, Hospital Industrial Labour Disputes Act
- High comfort level interpreting and applying the provisions of collective agreements
- Leverages effective interpersonal and stakeholder engagement skills to establish trust and ensure effective communication at all levels of the organization
- Superior verbal, written, listening, attention to detail and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational, planning and time management skills, with ability to manage multiple, often competing priorities
- Knowledge and proficiency with Human Resources Management Systems and MS Office Suite (advanced)
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, partner-focused environment
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Internal Expiry Date: October 16, 2020
Posting # 20-0700
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type