Manager, Health & Residential Development - International Markets
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Baycrest Global Solutions has an opportunity for a
MANAGER, HEALTH & RESIDENTIAL DEVELOPMENT –
Toronto-based Baycrest Health Sciences (Baycrest) is recognized as the global leader in senior care and brain research. Fully affiliated with the University of Toronto, Baycrest is among the world’s most respected academic health sciences centres, focused on the needs of seniors and the aging population. Our focus is on improving care and quality of life for frail, vulnerable older adults; conducting cutting-edge cognitive neuroscience research; and educating, training and sharing our knowledge in leading practices in geriatric care and aging solutions.
Baycrest Global Solutions (BGS) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Baycrest, created to leverage the knowledge and expertise of its parent entity so as to provide international organizations with best-in-class care models, advisory services, facility development guidance, and management services. Conceived in 2011 and formally created in 2012, BGS has been marketing its services in a number of global markets, principally China.
The Manager, Health & Residential Development – International Markets will support client delivery, relationship management, and business development activities in support of BGS’s continued growth. In addition, the Manager will contribute to the strategic planning of BGS and will support the implementation of the organization’s goals and objectives.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Conduct assessments, analysis, research, run focus groups, facilitate workshops, solve problems, translate data/information into meaningful insights and present findings to client
- Act as a trusted advisor to clients, leveraging industry knowledge of healthcare operations, practice or consulting experience
- Support the implementation of solutions, including the provision of operational support to assist the client to move to action and implementation
- Serve as the primary point of contact for assigned clients, maintaining effective communications to build and deepen long-term relationships
- Support the development of business proposals and contract negotiations
- Work with other BGS leaders to develop, improve, and deepen the organization’s client base
- Increase market awareness and business networks for BGS by actively supporting the development of the organization’s brand, reputation and profile
- Contribute to the strategic planning of BGS and support the implementation of the firm’s goals and objectives
- Support the development of BGS processes and systems which contribute to the ability to grow the business, including: corporate policy, marketing strategies, quality control/improvement and management structure
Qualifications (include but are not limited to):
- Bachelor’s degree from a top-tier university with consistent outstanding academic record
- Advanced degree or MBA is preferred
- Lean Six Sigma preferred
- Proven record of high performance and substantial achievements in past positions
- Solid functional knowledge, including but not limited to strategy, business development, product development, project management, marketing and sales, etc.
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem solving skills
- Initiative taker, eager to break new ground, create opportunities for others
- Effective stakeholder engagement and interpersonal skills; ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively
- Experience with market analysis and market strategy
- Experience with Financial Modeling
- Experience developing frameworks for project evaluation
- Fluency in English is required
- Fluency in Mandarin is preferred
- International travel required
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule is required
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Internal Expiry Date: December 31, 2019
Posting # 19-1020
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type