Manager, Food & Nutrition Services
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Food and Nutrition Services has an opportunity for a
MANAGER, FOOD & NUTRITION SERVICES, FULL TIME
Variety of Shifts - Non Union
The Food and Nutrition Services Department at Baycrest provides service to clients in the Baycrest Centre, the Apotex Jewish Home for the Aged, the Mountainview Day Centre. Our vision is to provide safe, appetizing food of optimum nutritional quality to facilitate an enjoyable mealtime experience for patients, residents, staff and visitors in compliance with the Jewish laws of Kashruth.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manages 18 dining rooms for the 473 residents within the Jewish Home for the Aged (JHA).
- Plans, coordinates, develops, evaluates and manages all resources of the JHA Dietary section.
- Leads the Gracious Dining Service program with the multidisciplinary team.
- Ensures high quality services and customer feedback in a timely, cost effective manner within area of responsibility
- Ensures compliance with MOHLTC and other external legislative standards and centre-wide departmental policies and procedures as related to areas of responsibility
- Ensures laws of Kashrut are adhered to within areas of responsibility
- Complies with all necessary sanitation and food safety standards within areas of responsibility
- Completes annual staff performance appraisals and attendance management for staff within areas of responsibility
- Adheres to infection control practices, policies and procedures
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Minimum five (5) years management experience in long-term care food services
- Diploma in Food and Nutrition Management
- Current Advanced Food Safety Certificate
- Member of the Canadian Society of Nutrition Managers required
- Experience in Point Click Care software and Computrition system preferred
- Excellent understanding of general Food Service equipment as well as cook-chill/retherm systems
- Excellent interpersonal skills, emotional intelligence, strong verbal and written communication as well as good analytical skills
- Ability to organize time, prioritize and multitask in order to meet various competing work deadline
- Innovation and creativity in order to develop ideas resulting in major changes to existing processes, methods, services or client care approaches
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Internal Expiry Date: September 25, 2018
Posting # 18-0423
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type