Manager, Facility Design
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Redevelopment and Facility Management Services at Baycrest has an
opportunity for a
MANAGER, FACILITY DESIGN
The Redevelopment department is responsible for the planning and delivery of capital and other redevelopment projects across the Baycrest campus including Baycrest Hospital, Apotex Centre, Jewish Home for the Aged and The Terraces of Baycrest. The department also acts in a support/advisory role for the senior’s independent living residential facility at 2 Neptune Drive, as needed or requested.
Reporting to the Executive Director, Redevelopment and Facility Management Services, the incumbent will work directly with both Facilities and Redevelopment staff to ensure the facility maintenance, operational and customer service needs are planned and incorporated within capital and other facilities work in relation to capital projects. Oversee quality assurance and improvement tasks and activities that will advance portfolio strategic goals.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Acts as a representative for infrastructure projects to provide input, counsel and guidance on customer and operational needs and expectations
- Conducts comprehensive design reviews to integrate physical infrastructure features
- Analyzes all design alternatives and options and makes final design plan recommendations from an overall holistic view of Baycrest facilities management excellence and existing standards
- Key contributor to the facility design standards development
- Reviews designs and inspects site conditions throughout all design construction
- Collaborates with facility and redevelopment staff for the facilitation of the work
- Leads the commissioning and handover process as a key representative of the facility team.
- Acts as subject matter expert for facility designs and customer service excellence
- Ensure all facility capital projects and programs for new, replacement or enhanced physical infrastructure optimize customer service, satisfy internal user group requirements, incorporate external agency requirements, and serve Baycrest
- Involvement with the assessment of project requests for impact to the Baycrest facility.
Qualifications (include but are not limited to):
- Completion of a university degree or diploma in Facilities Management, Architecture or related field – or a combination of education, training and experience deemed equivalent
- Certified Engineering Technologist designation is an asset.
- Minimum ten (10) years’ experience in facilities and project delivery including planning, design, construction.
- Knowledge of contract law, Ontario Environmental Assessment Act, and the Occupational Health & Safety Act
- Experience managing and planning project work in operational complex environments.
- Multi-disciplinary engineering design theories, concepts, principles and practices relevant to healthcare facilities or other complex facilities
- Operations, maintenance, and construction management standards and practices, including the ability to understand construction, operating, and maintenance documents
- Property and facility management
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Interpersonal, negotiation, oral/written/presentation skills to contribute technical, operational, and customer service expertise for facility infrastructure design projects
- Expert knowledge of Facilities Planning
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Internal Expiry Date: June 29, 2020
Posting # 20-0508
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type