Manager, Culture & Arts
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The Culture & Arts Department has an opportunity for a
MANAGER, TEMPORARY, FULL TIME
Non-Union, 70 hours Bi-weekly (1 year contract)
Manager, Culture & Arts (CA) is to supervise a team of 15; manage six cost centres, the global budget allocated to CA and departmental operations; forge new partnerships and networks with external and internal partners to bring innovative projects, programs, and initiatives to the Centre; ensure CA programs are aligned with Baycrest strategic plan; complete performance appraisals; oversee human resources activities (staffing etc); sign payroll, authorize invoices; work with Foundation on grant sourcing, and donor relations.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manages team of 15 interdisciplinary staff
- Liaises with internal Manager/Unit Directors as well as external community to continue to expand the Culture & Arts offerings and find new opportunities for intersections, program development, and innovation
- Liaises with external business, arts agencies and academia to build and maintain partnerships
- Attends industry events representing department
- Presents about the department at various universities, programs, invited sessions
- Works with financial advisor to ensure health reporting structure and budget are on track
- Meets with perspective donors to pitch funding opportunities
- Creates proposals for Foundation and business cases
- Works with internal and external counsels to develop proposals, MOU documents, service level agreements, procurement documents, research and IP contracts
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Requires completion of Masters degree or completion of a professional designation (e.g., Accountant, Lawyer) or equivalent
- MBA and/or Master of Arts in arts-based discipline (MFA, MA Museum Studies, Master of Arts Administration etc.), with experience integrating both business and arts fields.
- 3-5 years of years of experience required
- Supervisory experience & personnel management
- Experience with budgeting and financial management
- Skills in partnership development and innovative program development
- Strength in balancing multiple projects with varying deadlines simultaneously
- Ability to foster interdepartmental collaborations
- Leadership in team environment, affective team building skills
- Previous experience in a non-profit organization, particularly a complex health care facility (Hospital and/or Long-Term Care facility) is an asset
- Previous proposal writing experience
- Donor relations and experience making convincing pitches
- Business case writing and development
- Relations with academia, museums, fine arts, granting agencies, health facilities, therapeutic and professional arts organizations highly looked upon
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
Date Posted: September 9, 2019
Closing Date: September 16, 2019
Posting # 19-0648
Position # MAN098
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type