Manager, Capital Planning
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Redevelopment and Facility Management Services at Baycrest has an
opportunity for a
MANAGER, CAPITAL PLANNING
The Redevelopment department is responsible for the planning and delivery of capital and other redevelopment projects across the Baycrest campus including Baycrest Hospital, Apotex Centre, Jewish Home for the Aged and The Terraces of Baycrest. The department also acts in a support/advisory role for the senior’s independent living residential facility at 2 Neptune Drive, as needed or requested.
Reporting to the Executive Director, Redevelopment and Facility Management Services, the incumbent will lead capital financial management and analysis, liaise with Baycrest stakeholders and plan activities that will advance portfolio and capital projects goals.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Leads the development of the strategic capital planning framework and oversight of the annual and multi-year capital planning process for Baycrest.
- Leads and manages the Capital Project & Program Intake process
- Directs, guides, and oversees the capital budget ensuring that effective financial control measures are in place and that capital funds are invested to ensure both appropriate returns and prudent management of risk.
- Works with the project delivery team on financial cash flow forecast and its supporting inputs such as procurement strategies and funding sources to assess whether the forecasts are realistic and achievable.
- Oversees the analysis of complex financial information and reports in order to assess results achieved, standing and financial position and to provide accurate and timely financial information and recommendations to the Baycrest Executive Team.
- Provides leadership in evaluating, implementing and communicating risk management plans/strategies related to capital planning systems, processes and controls;
- Manages complex issues and negotiates innovative solutions that will support the development of long-term capital plans that align with priorities and demonstrate a disciplined approach to spending while meeting the needs for critical infrastructure.
- Establishes processes, controls and measures to ensure appropriate expense allocation, cost management, and overall fiscal responsibility; provides the Executive Director, Redevelopment and Facility Management Services with regular status reports.
- Responsible for application of funding and grants available to Baycrest from government agencies.
Qualifications (include but are not limited to):
- Completion of degree in Business Administration, Engineering or Accounting, or related discipline or a combination of education, training and experience deemed equivalent.
- A recognized accounting designation (CA/CPA) is considered an asset.
- Minimum ten (10) years’ progressively responsible experience managing long term capital planning and cost management processes in a construction environment.
- Experience in and knowledge of the principles and practices of accounting, auditing, and capital finance, including capital budget control; funding mechanisms of major capital projects; systems management; financial administration; planning and forecasting; and cost accounting.
- Knowledge of strategic and capital planning, reporting and accountability approaches coupled with an understanding of capital planning principles and processes, project development and contract management.
- Analytical skills with strong business acumen to transition easily between the strategic and the detailed; to evaluate complex financial and fiscal problems and recommend effective solutions.
- Risk assessment and risk management principles, political acuity, conceptual/strategic thinking and planning skills combined with sound judgement, to anticipate capital planning issues and interests, and provide strategic advice that informs executive decision making.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Paint) and other software tools and applications to document and illustrate financial standing and recommendations.
- Interpersonal, oral/written communication and presentation skills to establish relationships and influence others; communicate complex financial matters to diverse audiences
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Internal Expiry Date: June 29, 2020
Posting # 20-0507
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type