Manager, Board Governance & Special Projects
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Corporate Services & CHRO at Baycrest has an opportunity for a
MANAGER, BOARD GOVERNANCE & SPECIAL PROJECTS
The Office of the Executive Vice President, Corporate Services and CHRO is responsible for board governance and this role is a key support responsible for managing these functions for all of the Baycrest Boards. This includes oversight for Board policy, Board member orientation and committee structure. It also includes the detailed assembly and preparation of Board materials. Continuous process improvement with respect to good governance practices and board functioning is a key component of this role.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinates and provides administrative support to Board Committees on behalf of the Executive Vice President, Corporate Services and CHRO
- Provides document creation and coordination by composing and/or editing a variety of documents, including highly sensitive, confidential correspondence, memoranda, contracts, proposals, presentations, etc.
- Provides program support to the Executive Vice President in the administration of the Enterprise Risk Management Program at Baycrest including maintaining critical documentation, providing instructions, collecting status updates and stakeholder input
- Oversees and executes special projects arising from time to time from the portfolios of Strategy and Stakeholder Relations and the Office of the Executive Vice President, Corporate Services and CHRO
- Develops and maintains highly-organized electronic and paper filing systems that permit easy reference and rapid retrieval of information and records
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in a related position
- Completion of a University degree
- Master’s in Business Administration is an asset
- Previous experience in a non-profit organization, particularly a complex health care facility (Long-Term Care facility or other health care facility) is an asset
- Substantial experience and a proven track record of delivering continuous improvement
- Superior verbal, written and listening communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, tactfully and persuasively at all levels of the organization, including with senior management and Board members
- Ability to work effectively with a range of stakeholders
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
Date Posted: November 20, 2018
Internal Closing Date: November 27, 2018
Posting # 18-0642
Position # MAN131
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type