Manager, Baycrest Pro-Am
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The Events team with the Baycrest Foundation has an opportunity for a
MANAGER, BAYCREST PRO-AM, FULL TIME
The Events Department of the Foundation is responsible for developing and executing fundraising events that generate approximately $5M in gross revenue annually. These events range from small stewardship & cultivation events, to large signature events.
The Baycrest Foundation is looking for an experienced Manager to run the Scotiabank Pro-Am For Alzheimer’s™. This event has raised over $36 million over its 14 year history. The incumbent will be responsible for managing all logistics and operations surrounding the event. This position works collaboratively with participants, partners, colleagues, volunteers and event committees, and creates ambassadors for Baycrest.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Meets annual event revenue and participant goals
- Develops and maintains event budgets, revenue matrices, and revenue tracking documents
- Continually evaluate and improve fundraising and campaign delivery - implementing fundraising best practices, building participant journey, and deploying campaign communications
- Contribute to and support a culture of the best practices in fund development to create efficiencies, improve fundraising margins and contribute to building a stronger culture of philanthropy
- Responsible for efficiently and effectively manages all aspects of assigned events
- Oversees event-day logistics and management for all three days of the tournament
- Manages all logistics for ancillary events which support the Pro-Am
- Oversees and builds positive relationships with the Pro-Am Executive Committee
- Develops strong relationships with event stakeholders and volunteers to ensure yearly commitment to event success
- Maintains close relationships with donors and sponsors by addressing any questions and concerns
- Manages relationships with external vendors
- Ensures consistent corporate messaging and brand governance across all events
- Directs scheduling of Baycrest events to ensure no industry or community conflict
Qualifications (include but are not limited to):
- Undergraduate Degree or combination of related education and experience required
- Experience in a past fundraising event role is required
- Minimum 5-7 years in a professional event planning/fundraising environment
- Experience executing multi-day events with over 500 participants
- Experience working with a hockey or other large sporting event property would be an asset
- Proven background in leading event fundraising campaigns with revenue targets of $1M+
- Fiscal and budget management knowledge and experience, including ability to establish, implement, monitor and analyze financial data
- Experience in forecasting revenue
- Experience with events that cultivate and steward high net worth individuals
- Keen sense of urgency with demonstrated capabilities to meet commitments and provide effective client services
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail and consistency
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- CFRE would be an asset
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to work accurately under pressure and meet deadlines.
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Internal Expiry Date: January 22, 2020
Posting # 20-0013
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type