Maintenance Mechanic I
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Facility Services at Baycrest has an opportunity for a
MAINTENANCE MECHANIC I, FULL TIME
75 hours bi-weekly, Days (shifts may be subject to change)
SEIU Service Wage Rate $24.8147 - $25.2815
Facilities Services is responsible for ensuring a safe physical environment of care. Specifically they operate, maintain, and repair the facilities.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining all buildings and grounds on the Baycrest campus
- Carrying out preventative, corrective and emergency maintenance
- Carrying out special projects as needed
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in building systems maintenance work
- 4th Class Stationary Engineer certificate is an asset
- Building Automation System (‘BAS’), Fire Alarm and Fire Suppression systems experience a definite asset
- Previous maintenance experience within a healthcare, commercial or industrial facility is a requirement
- Related maintenance experience with HVAC, Refrigeration, Boilers, Emergency Generators, Medical Gas systems, Centrifugal Chillers, Cooling Towers
- Ontario Maintenance Mechanic Apprentice Certificate is required
- Excellent organization and time management skills, ability to prioritize
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to use the necessary tools required to maintain and repair hospital equipment and building related systems
- Ability to cope with physical demands of the position, including bending, twisting, heavy lifting, pushing and pulling carts, etc.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to report any identified work safety concerns
- Familiarly with Policy and Procedure manual, Safety and Health Practices, as well as the WHMIS manual and any codes pertaining to the work
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
Date Posted: March 6, 2019
Closing Date: March 14, 2019
Posting # 19-0095
Position # MEA014
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type