- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Food and Nutrition Services has an opportunity for a
KITCHEN HELPER, CASUAL
Various Shifts, On-Call
SEIU Hourly Pay Rate: $22.1654 -$22.6134
The Food and Nutrition Services Department at Baycrest provides service to clients in the Baycrest Centre, the Apotex Jewish Home for the Aged and the Mountainview Day Centre. Our vision is to provide safe, appetizing food of optimum nutritional quality to facilitate an enjoyable mealtime experience for patients, residents, staff and visitors in compliance with the Jewish laws of Kashruth.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collects and washes dishes as needed
- Cleans up trash and kitchen garbage
- Cleans floors, mops and sweeps as required in Food and Nutrition Services
- Delivers and picks up trays
- Adheres to food handling methods according to established standards of sanitation, infection control and safety in accordance with Ministry of Health Long Term Care Standards, the Occupational Health and Safety Act and departmental policies
- May need to lift and carry heavy objects, and to withstand long periods of walking, standing and frequent bending and twisting
- May need to steer and manipulate large and small food wagons through congested areas
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- High school completion or equivalent required
- Current Food Handlers Certification in accordance with Public Health required
- Previous experience in a Food Services preferred
- Previous experience working with the elderly is an asset
- Effective customer service, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively work independently and as part of a team
It is preferred for applicants to apply online. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences
are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type