- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Ontario Centres for Learning, Research and Innovation at Baycrest has
an opportunity for an
INTERPROFESSIONAL EDUCATOR, FULL TIME
70 HOURS BI-WEEKLY, NON-UNION
Responsible for developing, coordinating, planning, implementing and evaluating existing and new interprofessional clinical training and education activities. Reporting to the Manager, Ontario Centres for Learning, Research and Innovation in Long-Term Care at Baycrest, the Interprofessional Educators provide expertise in interprofessional clinical training and deliver innovative educational programs to staff, trainees and care partners. Experiential education approaches, such as simulation, e-learning, arts-based learning, game-based learning and team-based learning are used to foster curiosity, discovery, critical thinking, reflection, communication and problem solving for team-based approaches to care.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Coordinates/delivers in-person and virtual interprofessional education programs to staff, trainees and care partners; some travel required.
- Conducts training, assesses progress and reports regularly to the Manager and Baycrest Executive sponsors.
- Works collaboratively with the Manager, Steering Committee members, and advisory board members in integrating a program framework for the Interprofessional Learning Opportunities and Core Programs.
- Plans, implements and evaluates educational strategies that support and promote the goals of the CLRI.
- Integrates best and next practices and research into teaching to ensure interprofessional teams acquire knowledge, skills and attitudes required for care excellence.
- Participates in the coordination of the research, evaluation and innovation components of the CLRI.
- Participates and engages the CLRI Steering Committee and Baycrest Executive sponsors, keeping them informed of program offerings.
- Consults with staff, trainees and care partners to assess their current and future interprofessional learning needs while developing and coordinating tools, resources, activities, and/or programs to meet these needs.
- Ensures practices and processes are in accordance with legislative, regulatory and professional standards/requirements.
Qualifications (include but are not limited to):
- Graduate degree in a registered health care discipline (preferred) or degree in a registered health care discipline with substantive training and education experience.
- Certificate in gerontology and project management experience are assets
- Three (3) years related experience as an educator
- Long-term care experience
- Experience working with regulated and unregulated care providers, students, families, volunteers and clinical leaders
- Advanced knowledge and skills in gerontology and best practices
- Knowledge of the quality and related reporting requirements under the Long-Term Care Homes Act, Local Health System Integration Act (i.e. the performance obligations and indicators needed to support Hospital Service Accountability Agreements (‘HSAA’), the Excellent Care for All Act and other pertinent legislation and regulations)
- Excellent knowledge of curriculum design, instructional design, and program evaluation with depth of understanding in at least one educational methodology and with demonstrated ability to develop, deliver and evaluate training
- Proficiency in educational technologies (e.g., webinars) and Microsoft Office software
- Strong coaching, debriefing, and presentation skills with individuals and teams
- Superior interprofessional, communication, and leadership skills
- Strong analytical, consensus-building, solution-finding and innovation skills
- Customer-focused in defining quality and establishing priorities
- Ability to work proactively with a range of professional disciplines and levels of staff within and outside the organization
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, client-focused environment while flexibly managing multiple, competing priorities
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Internal Expiry Date: September 14, 2020
Posting # 20-0612
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type