- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Innovation Department at Baycrest has an opportunity for an
INNOVATION PARTNER, FULL TIME (2 Positions)
Non-Union, 70 Hours Bi-Weekly
The Baycrest Innovation Office is responsible for executing Baycrest’s innovation strategy. Reporting to the Director of Innovation, the role of the Innovation partner will be to act as a catalyst for encouraging, establishing and supporting innovations in the Baycrest groups he / she is assigned to, within the Innovation team and across the Baycrest campus. The Innovation Partner will establish a close working relationship with staff and clients identifying operational challenges, co-designing projects and working side-by-side with team members to implement innovative solutions. As part of the innovation team the Innovation Partner will play an active role in delivering the mission of the innovation center.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Works with a broad array of Baycrest teams including clinical, education, corporate support and research groups to identify, prioritize and manage a portfolio of innovation needs and innovation opportunities
- Works side-by-side with Baycrest teams to identify internally developed innovations that could / should be commercially developed or broadly disseminated
- Supports internal Knowledge Mobilization (KM) and external commercialization efforts including establishing effective working relationship with internal and outside partners
- Drives a culture of innovation through the development and delivery of resources and programs for internal innovators including design thinking sessions, training sessions, standard checklists and templates, educational materials, staff recognition programs, efficient idea intake and assessment processes and corporate policies
- Participates in Baycrest’s innovation workflow by preparing, reviewing and reporting on intellectual property disclosures
- Conducts technology assessments of Baycrest business units identifying internal or external solutions that can drive impact, reduce cost, or improve client satisfaction
- Collaborates with Baycrest’s Innovation hubs (CLRI, CABHI, KLCARE, Organizational Effectiveness) to adopt, amplify and spread their innovative programs, projects and initiatives
- Tracks progress of projects and initiatives, gathers performance data, prepares reports and delivers presentation to staff and management
- Represents the innovation office and Baycrest at external events and partner meetings
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Master’s degree in engineering, science, business or a related discipline is strongly preferred
- 3-5 years experience in technology development and management of technology-related projects in a health-tech related company is strongly preferred
- 1-3 years’ experience in working with small technology-driven companies (startups / SME’s) is desirable
- 1-2 additional years experience in a larger corporate environment is desirable
- Certification or accreditation in knowledge mobilization or innovation discipline (LEAN Canvas, Design Thinking, project management, technology transfer, etc.)
- Well developed project management skills
- Well developed oral and written communication skills
- Experience in working in or with Canadian public sector healthcare organizations
- Demonstrable experience in managing and working with outside contractors and business partners including the negotiation and management of business agreements, contracts and licenses
- Familiarly in using modern on-line project design, coordination and management tools
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Internal Expiry Date: December 31, 2018
Posting # 18-0646
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type