Infection Control Practitioner
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Infection Control Department at Baycrest has an opportunity for an
INFECTION CONTROL PRACTITIONER, FULL TIME
70 HOURS BI-WEEKLY , NON-UNION
Baycrest provides care and service to approximately 2,000 people a day through a unique continuum of care system, ranging from wellness programs, residential housing and outpatient clinics, to a 472-bed nursing home, and a 300-bed complex continuing care facility with an acute care unit. Baycrest is a world-class leader in innovation in aging, with the acclaimed Rotman Research Institute, considered one of the premier brain institutes in the world, and the Kunin-Lunenfeld Applied and Evaluative Research Unit (‘KLAERU’), which supports clinical research and application of research findings directly to patient care. Most recently, Baycrest was called to lead the The Centre for Aging and Brain Health Innovation (C-ABHI): C-ABHI is a solution accelerator for the aging and brain health sector.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collect, analyze, report and present epidemiologic surveillance data
- Develop best-practice-based infection control policies and protocols
- Monitor and improve compliance with the best practices in infection control
- Work closely with the care teams and provide consultation and guidance to prevent and control transmission of hospital acquired infections
- Develop and implement intervention programs against hospital acquired infections
- Conduct epidemiologic investigations and manage outbreaks
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- RN or MLT (CNO or CMLTO member), or a Public Health professional, or a professional in a related health discipline
- Baccalaureate degree in health care related field
- CIC certification is an asset
- Experience working in a hospital or long-term care facility and demonstrated clinical knowledge and skills in the care of the geriatric patient an asset
- Demonstrated leadership, project management, negotiation and problem solving skills
- Proficiency with MS Office, email and Internet
- Effective time management skills; ability to organize and prioritize workload
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Internal Expiry Date: April 18, 2019
Posting # 19-0191
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type