Human Resources Business Partner
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Human Resources Department at Baycrest has an opportunity for a
HUMAN RESOURCES BUSINESS PARTNER
Full Time, Non-Union
Baycrest provides care and service to approximately 2,000 people a day through a unique continuum of care system, ranging from wellness programs, residential housing and outpatient clinics, to a 472-bed nursing home, and a 300-bed complex continuing care facility. Baycrest is a world-class leader in innovation in aging, with the acclaimed Rotman Research Institute, considered one of the premier brain institutes in the world, and the Kunin-Lunenfeld Applied and Evaluative Research Unit (‘KLAERU’), which supports clinical research and application of research findings directly to patient care. Most recently, Baycrest was called to lead the The Centre for Aging and Brain Health Innovation (C-ABHI): C-ABHI is a solution accelerator for the aging and brain health sector.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Reporting to the Executive Director of Human Resources, the Human Resources Business Partner is a proven subject matter expert, and has the ability to contribute to the organization as a valued business partner
- Works in partnership with a diverse portfolio of internal clients understanding their operations in order to integrate strategic human resources into their business.
- Leverages human capital measures to support management decision-making, short- and long-range planning and strategy development.
- Supporting managers in addressing complex labour and employee relations issues with the intention of supporting the business unit to achieve its operating and clinical objectives.
- With advanced experience in Human Resources and Labour Relations act as a mentor and professional practice leader for other members of the human resources business partner team
- Liaising heavily with key union leadership with a view to developing highly functional relationships that advance the objectives of the organization and contribute to Baycrest being a workplace of choice.
- Lead both formal and informal labour relations processes including grievance administration and Labour Management Committees.
- Participate in the development and implementation of HR policies, procedures and programs
- Provide leadership, coaching and mentorship to all members of the HR team
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- A minimum of 5-7 years of previous experience in a human resources generalist role
- A degree in Human Resources, Labour Relations or a related field
- Certified Human Resource Leader (CHRL) designation preferred
- Skilled and forward thinking labour relations professional
- Models excellence in client service, dependable and focused on finding solutions to advance organizational goals and objectives
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, problem solving, conflict resolution skills and judgment
- Establish positive relationships within the organization
- Coaching, counseling and facilitation skills needed to lead managers/directors in developing effective employee/labour relation practices
- Direct health care, long term care, or public sector in an unionized environment preferred
- Full understanding and demonstrated working knowledge of relevant Employee and Labour Legislation including Employment Standards, Ontario Labour Relations Act, Human Rights Code
- Demonstrated commitment to on-going learning and professional development
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Internal Expiry Date: December 18, 2018
Posting # 18-0667
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type