- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Marketing & Communications Department at Baycrest has an opportunity for a
Full Time, Non-Union, 70 Hours Bi-weekly
The Baycrest Foundation seeks a talented visual communicator for the role of Graphic Designer to clarify and crystallize concepts and ideas visually and in ways that inspire action in support of fundraising. The ideal candidate for the Graphic Designer role combines their skills in design with the ability to communicate effectively with multiple stakeholders to create dynamic and successful proposals, presentations and reports, as well as fundraising event collateral including logos, postcards, invitations, posters, programs, ads, web and social graphics and signage. The successful candidate will excel working on multiple and overlapping projects from concept to design execution and work closely with the Manager Fundraising Initiatives as well as the Major Gifts and Marketing & Communications teams to prepare proposals, pitches, reports, and presentations for meetings with new and existing donors. The incumbent will also support the design of dynamic and compelling collateral in support of staple fundraising events including The Brain Project, The Scotiabank Pro-Am for Alzheimer’s, and brand awareness pieces.
Responsibilities (include but are
not limited to):
- Working closely with the fundraising teams, timely delivery of impactful donor-ready materials in various formats – presentations, cases for support, stewardship reports, and proposals – to help engage donors and secure major gifts funding.
- Develops and maintains relationships with internal stakeholders in order to seek out and clarify information as required for packaging fundraising opportunities.
- Serves as a support to the senior designer in graphic design projects for print and web materials produced for the Foundation
- Attends meetings on both the Major Gifts and Marketing and Communications teams to stay apprised of and share information that supports current and upcoming opportunities and cross-collaborative functionality
- Work closely with team Managers to ensure projects are on schedule and meet all requirements
- Works with multiple levels of input and revisions
- Supports Digital Team by creating web ads, web graphics, videos for social, wireframes and web mockups
- Able to provide technical expertise to team when needed
Qualifications (include but are
not limited to):
- Relevant post-secondary education in Graphic Design and Marketing or a combination of education and experience
- CFRE an asset but not required
- 3-5 years’ experience in a fundraising environment and a track record of creating compelling presentations and proposals that have garnered fundraising results strongly preferred
- Experience managing complex projects and competing deadlines
- Excellent project management skills, analytical ability, and capacity to manage multiple high-priority tasks
- Flexible, attentive to detail, works well in a fast-paced environment and is deadline-driven
- Utilizing graphic design skills to support organizational objectives on both small scale and large scale projects
- Utilizing written communication skills to clarify and enhance information
- Intermediate Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign skills
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, specifically Word and Powerpoint
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to translate the institutional funding priorities into visually compelling and persuasive collateral for donors and prospects.
- Strong research, excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong sense of branding and understands the need for consistency
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Internal Expiry Date: March 6, 2020
Posting # 20-0117
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type