Food Service Aide, Cafeteria
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Food & Nutrition Services at Baycrest has an opportunity for
FOOD SERVICE AIDE, CASUAL
Cafeteria (subject to change)
Shifts Will Vary Between the Hours of 6 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Shifts and area of assignment may be subject to change
SEIU Service Hourly Pay Rate: $21.7490 – $22.2092
The Food and Nutrition Services Department at Baycrest provides service to clients in the Baycrest Centre, the Apotex Jewish Home for the Aged, the Mountainview and Freeman Day Centre. Our vision is to provide safe, appetizing food of optimum nutritional quality to facilitate an enjoyable mealtime experience for patients, residents, staff and visitors in compliance with the Jewish laws of Kashruth.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Performing food services duties as scheduled.
- Charging items purchased and handling all dollars accurately, maintaining supplies and equipment and serving items safely and appropriately.
- Performing basic food preparation functions.
- Portioning food accurately, in accordance with production orders.
- Following Kashruth dietary laws.
- Adhering to food handling methods according to established standards of sanitation, infection control and safety.
- Keeping work area clean and sanitary according to Baycrest policies and procedures and Public Health practices and protocols.
- Participating actively in the department by attending departmental meetings, in-services and quality management activities.
- Adhering to infection control practices, policies and procedures
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Minimum Grade 10 education equivalent is required; Grade 12 is preferred.
- One (1) year related experience in a food services environment, preferably an institutional setting.
- Previous experience working with the elderly.
- Food Handlers certificate is required.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with a diverse customer base.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, constantly changing environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type