- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The Baycrest Foundation has an opportunity for a
FINANCIAL ACCOUNTANT – FULL TIME
70.00 hours bi-weekly –Non Union
The Baycrest Foundation provides crucial funding to the Baycrest Centre for Geriatric Care. The Operations department of the Foundation is responsible for processing over $25 million in fundraising revenues annually. The department is also responsible for the integrity of the donor database and maintenance of donor endowment and restricted funds.
The Financial Accountant, as a member of the Finance & Operations team, contributes to the successful operation of the Baycrest Foundation, ensuring that financial reporting and controls drive accurate and informed business decisions.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Reconciles General Ledger accounts
- Prepares and inputs monthly and adjusting journal entries to the General Ledger
- Updates General Ledger when a new cost centre or a new General Ledger account is created
- Runs monthly endowment and donor restricted sub-ledger reports as well as post investment income allocations
- Assists in the completion of financial schedules for the Foundation at the year-end audit
- Participates in preparation of year-end audit schedules and annual budgeting exercises
- Analyzes and seeks clarification of accounting-related data from departments within the Baycrest Foundation.
- Reconciles all bank accounts held by the Foundation.
- Provides support to Finance department staff, as needed
- Prepares working papers and files HST
- Assists in fund reconciliations.
- Prepares monthly investment performance report and co-ordinates with external investment consultants
- Manages the submission of invoice to the Accounts Payable department
- Performs Data entry and date verification of donors information as needed
- Responsible for the biweekly completion and submission of timesheets to payroll department
- Arranges quarterly Committee meetings and helps to prepare packages for these meetings
Qualifications (include but are not limited to):
- Completion of, or enrolment in a Certified Professional accountant program is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce or related field of study is preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years accounting experience.
- Electronic system data management experience.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Proficient with other Microsoft software including Word, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, Acrobat and Internet knowledge
- Prior exposure to SmartStream, PROPHIX, Raiser’s Edge, and Financial Edge is preferred.
- Excellent communications skills, verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Superior organizational skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours in order to meet reporting deadlines.
- Proven ability to complete priorities on a timely basis.
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Internal Expiry Date: November 20, 2018
Posting # 18-0625
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type