- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The Jewish Home for the Aged at Baycrest has an opportunity for
Temporary Full-Time & Temporary Part-Time Position Available
Apotex is a Baycrest Long Term Care facility with units ranging from Physical Support to Stroke and Cognitive Support to Mental Health Units. Our residents require assistance to enable them to continue to live their lives and fulfill their goals and daily activities. Our staff members work diligently with our clients and assist them in managing conditions common with aging such as physical (e.g. from ambulating independently to being wheel-chair bound), mental health, cognitive (from mild to severe including Dementia and Alzheimer) and stroke issues.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Feeding residents of the long-term care home who cannot eat independently
- Help the patient be as independent as possible and maintain his/her dignity.
- Assist with cleaning tables and washing faces and hands of residents as needed
- Other duties may include light housekeeping, companionship, and recreational activities with older adults
Qualifications (include but are not limited to):
- High school completion or equivalent required
- First Aid would be an asset
- Ability to act quickly to emergencies and must possess good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Enjoy working with older adults, and must be able to use tact, diplomacy and discretion in interactions within the residence.
- Must have the knowledge, skill, judgment and ability to work with residents in an understanding, sensitive and compassionate manner
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type