- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Facilities Services has an opportunity for a
FACILITY TECHNICIAN, FULL TIME
75 Hours Bi-weekly - Overnight Shift, some weekends (shifts may be subject to change)
SEIU Service Hourly Pay Rate: $27.5257 - $28.0679
Facilities Services is responsible for ensuring a safe physical environment of care. Specifically they operate, maintain, and repair the facilities.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Troubleshoots and maintains building systems including boiler, chiller, pumps, HVAC systems, air handling unit, cooling towers, RO systems, chemical treatment systems, motors, shafts, belts, bearings, humidification units, compressors, duct work, fire alarm systems, sprinkler systems, and all other systems associated with facility services
- Monitors and operates building systems to ensure occupant comfort
- Records and measures all key system metrics and elements
- Maintains technician log book, and records all operation and maintenance issues related to the central plant
- Executes preventative maintenance work orders on building systems
- Performs regular inspection on building systems and chemical testing of water, and report findings to supervisor and manager
- Performs weekly generator testing
- Maintains low-pressure boiler controls and safety devices
- Executes seasonal maintenance schedules
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Completion of an approved Facilities Technician apprenticeship program, including the completion of 7,280 apprenticeship hours or Stationary Engineer, 4th Class Operation System (or higher) Certificate with 3 to 5 years of experience as a Stationary Engineer
- Ability to use hand tools, measurement devices, and chemical testing kits
- Excellent time management skills including ability to prioritize and manage their time with little to no supervision
- Excellent communication and customer service skills and the ability to respond to customer calls and complaints in a prompt and professional manner
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
Date Posted: August 23, 2019
Closing Date: September 4, 2019
Posting # 19-0438
Position # FAT003
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type