- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The Offices of the President & CEO and the Executive Vice President, Corporate Services & CHRO at Baycrest have an opportunity for an
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT, FULL-TIME
Baycrest is a global leader in geriatric residential living, healthcare, research, innovation and education, with a special focus on brain health and aging. Baycrest is home to a robust research and innovation network, including one of the world’s top research institutes in cognitive neuroscience, the Rotman Research Institute; the scientific headquarters of the Canadian Consortium on Neurodegeneration in Aging, Canada’s largest national dementia research initiative; and the Baycrest-powered Centre for Aging + Brain Health Innovation, a solution accelerator focused on driving innovation in the aging and brain health sector. Baycrest has remained at the forefront of the fight to defeat dementia as our organization works to create a world where every older adult enjoys a life of purpose, inspiration and fulfilment.
Baycrest provides care and service to approximately 2,000 people a day through a unique continuum of care system, ranging from wellness programs, residential housing and outpatient clinics, to a 472-bed nursing home, and a 300-bed complex continuing care facility.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Ensures all business administration tasks and activities pertinent to the CEO, EVP and the Executive Office are effectively managed.
- Develops and manages schedules for both the CEO and EVP, preparing for and ensuring that all appointments, meetings, engagements and deadlines are effectively met.
- Manages document flow, and prepares reports, general correspondence, documents and presentation materials, providing drafting and proofing support for letters, memos, speeches, presentations and articles.
- Responds to queries and requests from internal and external stakeholders, clients, family members, including screening and directing calls in a timely and effective manner.
- Coordinates travel as necessary.
- Administrative Assistant, Office of the CEO and EVP reports in to this position.
Qualifications (include but are not limited to):
- University/College education in Administration Management or Office Administration preferred.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of related experience.
- Experience working directly with senior executives of large complex organizations required.
- Experience in a complex healthcare organization is preferred.
- Demonstrated business professionalism, with exceptional organization skills and attention to detail with the appropriate handling of confidential and sensitive information.
- Advanced computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Outlook) & Adobe XI Pro.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to tactfully and diplomatically interact and respond to requests from a diverse group of individuals at all levels of the organization and community, as well as external constituents.
- Exceptional project and time management skills including planning, prioritization, and follow up.
- Ability to effectively multi-task, establishing priorities and ensuring constantly changing deadlines continue to be met.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain an effective electronic filing system and office flow procedures.
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Internal Expiry Date: March 5, 2020
Posting # 20-0073
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type