- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Office of the Vice President, Research & Sandra Rotman Chair in Cognitive Neuroscience at Baycrest has an opportunity for an
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT, FULL TIME
Baycrest provides care and service to approximately 2,000 people a day through a unique continuum of care system, ranging from wellness programs, residential housing and outpatient clinics, to a 472-bed nursing home, and a 300-bed complex continuing care facility. Baycrest is a world-class leader in innovation in aging, with the acclaimed Rotman Research Institute, considered one of the premier brain institutes in the world, and the Kunin-Lunenfeld Centre for Applied Research & Evaluation (KL-Care), which helps to improve care practices at the bedside; develops and delivers new programs that enhance clients’ access to care; or provides evidence of the tangible impact of solutions, programs, or care practices on the quality of life of older adults.
- Provides senior administrative support to the Vice-President, Research & Sandra Rotman Chair in Cognitive Neuroscience
- Provides support to divisional, corporate and Board level committees including meeting coordination, minutes and preparation and the distribution of materials and agendas.
- Organizes scientists’ retreats including meeting coordination, distribution of materials and agenda and when required, facilitates the coordination of the follow-up and implementation of action plans.
- Coordinates/maintains electronic calendar/schedule for the Vice-President including arranging for catering, room and equipment bookings and proactively preparing materials for meetings.
- Provides support to divisional management meetings, including organizing agenda, assigning action items and monitoring action resolution.
- Drafts, edits and distributes complex correspondence
- Establishes and maintains accurate electronic and hardcopy filing systems
- Ensures payroll timesheets are accurately completed and submitted in a timely manner
- Registers and organizes travel arrangements and accommodation for the Vice-President when attending conferences, seminars and retreats
- Five (5) years’ experience in a senior management administrative support capacity Healthcare sector experience preferred
- Post-secondary education in a related discipline or the equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Excellent computer and keyboarding skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize workload and work within a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Demonstrated ability to use tact and diplomacy in dealing with sensitive and confidential matters
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively under pressure with multiple changing priorities
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Internal Expiry Date: January 30, 2020
Posting # 20-0016
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type