eLearning Instructional Designer & Developer
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Baycrest Centre for Education has an opportunity for an
E-LEARNING INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGNER & DEVELOPER
Non-Union – hours vary
As an integral member of the Baycrest Centre for Education Team, the eLearning Instructional Designer and Developer has primary responsibility for developing, implementing and supporting eLearning. They will facilitate a blended approach to workplace learning which is learner-centred, evidence informed, and focused on excellence.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develops e-learning modules and other educational technology based solutions for a variety of audiences
- Identifies relevant interactive design alternatives that will most effectively accomplish the performance objectives and learning outcomes
- Develops course content based on approved storyboards
- Ensures that web-based learning modules comply with relevant tracking and AODA requirements
- Supports Centre for Aging and Brain Health Innovation (CABHI) and all Baycrest departments and SMEs in developing course/module administration guides and course release educational materials
- Identifies opportunities to continuously improve efficiency and effectiveness of the learning and performance solutions through the use of e-learning
- Acts as a resource on eLearning technology/techniques to the organization
- Supports LMS administration as required
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- University degree in a related eLearning instructional content, development or delivery field or/ university degree in adult education
- CTDP designation or eLearning Guild member preferred
- Minimum 5 years related experience with a combination of adult learning instructional design and eLearning development
- Recent experience working with trainers/educators to convert existing curriculum content to an eLearning format
- Expert knowledge using Articulate’s Storyline3 to deliver interactive engaging eLearning
- Proficient knowledge using Adobe’s Captivate 2019Computer proficiency including advanced skills with MS Office applications
- Proficiency with Audacity, Camtasia, SnagIt, GoAnimate, VideoScribe
- Superior interpersonal, presentation, group facilitation, and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Ability to work independently and be flexible
- Comfort with Moodle based LMS
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Internal Expiry Date: January 7, 2020
Posting # 19-1015
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type