Donor Relations Specialist
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The Baycrest Foundation has an opportunity for a
SPECIALIST, DONOR RELATIONS, FULL TIME
70.00 hours bi-weekly –Non Union
The Baycrest Foundation provides crucial funding to the Baycrest Centre for Geriatric Care. The Foundation solicits funds from donors either through direct solicitation or events.
The Donor Relations Specialist, as a member of the Major Gifts/Principal Giving team, contributes to the successful operation of a comprehensive stewardship program, ensuring that the Foundation exceeds donor expectations in the ways that we acknowledge, recognize, engage and are accountable to our donors.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Liaises with major gift fundraisers to develop customized recognition plans for top donors
- Executes all aspects of recognition plans, including overseeing installation of physical recognition, liaising with vendors, keeping to timelines, etc.
- Creates mock-ups and visuals for donors, working with vendors as appropriate
- Oversees all aspects of stewardship communications calendar, including writing customized thank-you letters and liaising with the Marketing & Communications team to produce donor spotlight stories for web, digital displays, or print
- Works with Marketing and Communications to review and revise all stewardship reporting, including adhering to timelines and terms
- Reviews and revise all gift documentation for accuracy and compliance of terms, conditions, & donor information
- Edits and maintain accuracy of donor listings for annual report, Hall of Honour, and all donor materials
- Contributes to annual updates and ongoing maintenance to Hall of Honour wall and digital display by liaising with vendors, maintaining accurate records, etc.
Qualifications (include but are not limited to):
- University degree or recognized or equivalent in a related field of study
- Minimum three (3) years direct donor experience in the not-for-profit sector.
- Excellent writing skills, particularly for fundraising
- Excellent project management skills
- Knowledge of principles and techniques relevant to major gift fundraising.
- Experience working with volunteers is an asset.
- Experience with InDesign and/or Photoshop an asset
- Member of ADRP and/or AFP an asset
- Proficient computer skills and the ability to work with Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point
- Exceptional attention to detail, both in terms of data accuracy and creative aesthetics.
- Ability to work independently and accurately as well as solve problems effectively
- Excellent multi-tasking skills with the ability to handle competing priorities effectively in a busy and fluid work environment
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Internal Expiry Date: December 4, 2019
Posting # 19-0948
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type