Dental Assistant, Level II
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The Dental Clinic at Baycrest has an opportunity for a
DENTAL ASSISTANT, CASUAL
SEIU Service Wage Rate: $24.9471 - $25.5985
Clinic Days are Monday-Friday, no weekends
The Alpha Omega Dental Centre for Geriatric Care at Baycrest will be the pre-eminent dental facility in Canada and the leading training centre for evidence-based geriatric dental care; addressing the needs of frail, disabled, cognitively impaired and medically complex older adults in a compassionate and therapeutic setting. We are seeking a part-time dental assistant to be part of our team and contribute to this aspiration.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing Dental Assistant services to the frail elderly with complex medical needs and the general dental population within the scope of practice of Dental Assistants
- Proactively preparing the Dental Centre to see patients in a safe and productive environment through patient relationship management and recruitment, infection prevention and control, supply management, sterilization, hazardous waste management, equipment maintenance
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Certified Dental Assistant, Level 2 with membership in good standing with the “Ontario Dental Assistant Association”
- Healing Arts Radiation Protection (HARP) certified
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (‘BCLS’) certification
- Minimum three (3) years of experience as a Dental Assistant
- Training in Gentle Persuasive Approach and U-First preferred
- Psychogeriatric experience, i.e. mental health assessment and intervention and working with responsive behaviours including various types of dementia, delirium, mental health issues preferred
- Certificate in Dementia Care preferred
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills to effectively work within a multidisciplinary team setting.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to demonstrate a facilitative teaching approach with students/clients and families
- Excellent rapport with the elderly
- Ability to create and maintain a team atmosphere.
- Must be highly proficient with computer use especially in data entry in real-time i.e. entering notes from dentist during treatment efficiently
- Strong customer service skills and ability to perform reception functions
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type