Copywriter & Report Specialist
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Marketing & Communications at Baycrest has an opportunity for a
COPYWRITER & REPORT SPECIALIST, FULL TIME
Non-Union, 70 Hours Bi-Weekly
Reporting to the Manager, Communications, the Copywriter and Report Specialist is a highly skilled provider of content and marketing strategist who will author and edit a wide variety of materials in support of Baycrest and Baycrest Foundation initiatives, with particular emphasis on fundraising and showcasing the impact of donations to inspire people to support Baycrest.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Creates passionate, articulate and moving stakeholder and donor stewardship reports that connect donors with the impact of their philanthropy
- Creates compelling information and materials to support marketing and communications plans around the promotion and participation in events and to recognize the contributions of donors before, during and after events
- Completes all research needed for the various materials produced
- Produces engaging and moving speaking notes for Foundation and Centre events
- Manages the Annual Report process to produce a timely and informative product that is showcased online and presented to Board Members at the Annual Meetings of the Baycrest Centre and Baycrest Foundation
- Acts as an ambassador for Baycrest and the Foundation by helping to deepen understanding of philanthropy and donor stewardship among our Baycrest colleagues
- Creates ad copy, online content and other collateral that promotes the goals, values and mission of Baycrest and Baycrest Foundation, frequently in tandem with other communications professionals, including the Senior Project Design Specialist
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Bachelor degree in Communications, Journalism, or other related discipline required
- Five (5) years related writing/communications/copywriting experience in an agency with NFP clients and/or a Foundation.
- Healthcare sector experience an asset
- Track record of success in authoring stewardship reports for Major Gifts donors
- Proficient with the Microsoft suite of software, i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Working knowledge of applicable software programs, i.e. Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Publisher, etc.
- Experience working with content management systems (Wordpress/Kentico), basic HTML, Mail Chimp
- Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge or equivalent fundraising database
- Persuasive, articulate and compelling writing skills.
- Ability to craft the ‘voice’ of a campaign
- Highly driven, results-oriented work ethic, with the ability to meet commitments within a fast-paced environment with multiple, competing demands, priorities and deadlines.
- Excellent project management skills
- Membership in good standing in the Association of Fundraising Professionals (‘AFP’) is an asset
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Internal Expiry Date: December 28, 2018
Posting # 18-0674
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type