Coordinator, Human Resources
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The Human Resources Department at Baycrest has an opportunity for a
HUMAN RESOURCES COORDINATOR
Full time, Non-Union
The Human Resources Department is responsible for facilitating the administrative functions associated with events throughout the employee life cycle. The Human Resources Department also maintains an extensive suite of programs and services, which require ongoing support and data generation to support operational managers. The Human Resources Department, as part of the Corporate Services and CHRO Division, plays an integral role in supporting Baycrest’s goal of becoming a workplace of choice.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Completes and processes documentation for events throughout the employee lifecycle including new hires, leaves of absences, benefits changes, transfers, and exits
- Administrative duties including, creating letter/memos, maintaining manual and computerized filing, HRIS, web based systems and compiling/preparing reports
- Provides superior customer service to Baycrest leaders and employees
- Participates in the recruitment process for assigned portfolio, including: drafting postings, scheduling interviews, drafting interview questions, conducting references, preparing letters of offer, etc.
- Supports, in collaboration with the Recruitment Specialist, recruitment projects and the enhancement of recruitment processes
- Investigates and responds to general employee and manager concerns or inquiries on a timely basis
- Administers Human Resources programs such as professional certifications, conflict of interest and others, as assigned
- Assists with ad-hoc projects
Qualifications (include but are not limited to):
- Completion of a relevant post-secondary program in Human Resources Management or equivalent
- Working toward the Canadian Human Resources Professional (‘CHRP”) designation is an asset
- One (1) to Three (3) years related generalist experience in a client-focused Human Resources department, preferably in a health care or related organization
- Experience with recruitment & selection, on-boarding and orientation is preferred
- Knowledge of general principles in compensation/salary administration is preferred
- Experience working with collective agreements is an asset
- Experience administering the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (‘HOOPP’) or similar pension plan is an asset
- Superior organization skills and strong attention to detail
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Experience with HRIS (Empath or equivalent) systems
- Good knowledge of the Employment Standards Act and regulations
- Working knowledge of current legislation, human resources practices, procedures and policies
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Internal Expiry Date: October 16, 2020
Posting # 20-0701
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type