- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The Baycrest Foundation has an opportunity for a
COORDINATOR, EVENTS - FULL TIME
70.00 hours bi-weekly – Non Union
The Baycrest Foundation is looking for a dynamic self-starter to support multiple Foundation signature events. The Event Coordinator would be responsible for executing multiple small to medium ancillary events that support the larger Foundation events portfolio. Events include media launches, recruitment events, and sales parties.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Assists with any ancillary events related to The Brain Project and Pro Am, as directed by the Events Manager
- Provides support to the Events Manager on planning and executing elements
- Provides support for updating the budget, critical paths and briefing documents
- Booking and liaises with event vendors from catering to AV
- Works with internal Marketing & Communications Department to develop and deliver event collateral include signage, programs, speaking notes ect.
- Responsible for keeping Project Manager up-to-date with projects and managing timelines with stakeholders
- Volunteer coordination for Foundation signature events
- Participates in brainstorming and event iteration planning sessions
- Assists in finding creative ways to save costs and find efficiencies where possible to increase net return
- Participates in weekly project meetings and status meetings
- Admin duties include calendar management, reconciling monthly budgets and expenses
- Acts as a Baycrest Foundation representative at other Baycrest Foundation events
Qualifications (include but are not limited to):
- College Diploma or Undergraduate Degree or combination of related education and experience required
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (‘CFRE’) credential is an asset
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in an event role, preferably in a professional fundraising environment
- Proficiency with donor databases and prospect tracking systems; experience with Raisers’ Edge is an asset
- Experience with a fundraising platform (such as Artez and Raisin) would be an asset
- Ability to work with tight deadlines and short turnaround timelines
- Ability to navigate continually shifting priorities in a nimble way
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must demonstrate initiative, be autonomous and be highly motivated
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Internal Expiry Date: July 15, 2019
Posting # 19-0432
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type