Coordinator, Community Engagement - Innovation Office
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The Centre for Aging and Brain Health Innovation (CABHI), at Baycrest has
an opportunity for a
COORDINATOR, COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT –
TEMPORARY FULL-TIME, NON-UNION, 70 HOURS BI-WEEKLY
The Centre for Aging and Brain Health Innovation (CABHI) is a venture partnership of 40 leading industries, academic, public sector and not-for-profit organizations with Baycrest Health Sciences as its lead organization. Our mission is to drive innovations that will optimize the cognitive, emotional and physical wellbeing of older adults. Baycrest, along with partners that include leading seniors care organizations, is building a national hub and network dedicated to the development, validation, commercialization, dissemination and adoption of brain health and seniors care products and services.
The Community Engagement Coordinator will report to the KM Lead and is responsible for working with innovators and organizations to support the delivery of CABHI’s Knowledge Mobilization (KM) strategy. This position will work within the KM Unit of the Innovation Office (IO) team which oversees CABHI’s funding programs and delivers KM services.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support CABHI’s KM Lead and KM team members to develop and deliver CABHI’s comprehensive strategy to engage end users (e.g., older adults and their care givers, health care providers etc.) and apply their lived experience to identify, co-design and inform CABHI innovations.
- Facilitate opportunities for end users to interact with innovators using an integrated Knowledge Translation (iKT) approach, enabling the exchange of critical insights to improve the design and usability of innovations so that they better address end user needs.
- Support CABHI’s existing panel of end users by coordinating members’ involvement in innovation activities, including focus groups, usability testing, community outreach events, and developing and disseminating artefacts and knowledge products etc.
- Support CABHI’s expanded end-user engagement activities through the launch of the Lived Experience Advisory Panel (LEAP), including developing recruitment and engagement plans, determining static and interactive communication methods, and planning in-person/virtual interactions to support engagement with innovation, learning and peer networking etc.
- Actively identify and explore partnerships with community partners/organizations to expand the reach, diversity, and impact of CABHI’s community engagement efforts.
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- University degree in Health related discipline, Masters preferred
- 2+ years of experience working with communities of older adults, persons with dementia, caregivers and/or vulnerable populations to assess their needs and priorities
- Previous experience with person-centred care, community-based participatory research, patient-oriented research and/or integrated KT
- Knowledge of best practices in public participation, end user engagement and community building
- Demonstrated ability to conduct focus groups, usability testing and co-design sessions
- Proven experience coordinating community outreach events, including in-person and virtual sessions. Experience with providing basic technical support with virtual engagement platforms (e.g., Zoom)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to build and maintain relationships with diverse stakeholder groups
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to take initiative, bring creative ideas and work in a dynamic, fast-paced and evolving environment
- Training in plain language communication, GBA+, and experience working with diverse communities, including Indigenous communities, would be assets
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Internal Expiry Date: June 15, 2020
Posting # 20-0472
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type