Content & Social Media Coordinator
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The Marketing & Communications Department at Baycrest has an opportunity
CONTENT & SOCIAL MEDIA COORDINATOR
NON-UNION, 70 HOURS BI-WEEKLY
The Content and Social Media Coordinator reports directly to the Manager, Media & Digital. This role works to support the creation and maintenance of social media and digital marketing platforms and campaigns, websites, blogs, email campaigns, for the Baycrest Centre and Baycrest Foundation, consistent with Baycrest brand and focused on fundraising objectives. This role applies these same skills in support of media monitoring, reporting and content creation.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Supports the development of social media strategies
- Supports the daily community management, monitoring, tracking, content creation and execution across all Baycrest social media platforms. (i.e. Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube)
- Works with the Manager, Media & Digital to report, analyze and measure for both organic and paid initiatives.
- Ensures social media is constantly current and relevant
- Performs daily email marketing activities including email campaign set-up, scheduling, testing and distribution of campaigns. (i.e. Mailchimp)
- Flags potential issues and/or troubleshoot or escalate issues related to websites, email marketing and digital campaigns.
- Participates in paid social/digital campaign performance monitoring and optimization and supports campaign deployment from inception to maintenance.
- Assists with pulling and analyzing data from Google Analytics and other Webmaster tools related to analyzing digital marketing channels
- Identifies opportunities for innovative online strategies and tactics to: support awareness building, grow engagement and increase fundraising. Including, but not limited to: SEO, Paid Search, Social media, and display advertising (i.e. Adwords + Google Grants, YouTube).
- Monitors media activity related to relevant issues and provides regular updates on emerging coverage/issues/trends
- Reports on analytics and results, media mentions and analysis
- Creates monthly reports on media coverage and analytics. (i.e. MRP Data)
- Supports in the writing of press releases, news stories, editorials, blogs, bylines, social media posts, media briefings, etc.
Qualifications (include but are not limited to):
- Diploma or degree in Digital Marketing, Digital Media or related field
- Minimum one year of digital and social media marketing experience
- Experience working within a modern CMS environment is
- Experience executing email marketing campaigns required.
- Experience analyzing and reporting digital marketing metrics with latest analytics software – web traffic, email metrics and social media metrics.
- Understanding of basic digital marketing metrics and analytics – web traffic, email metrics and social media metrics.
- Basic knowledge of SEO best practices is required.
- Basic knowledge of PPC best practices is required.
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS experience is an asset.
- Experience with social media content creation and management (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube)
- Working knowledge and experience with applications to support social media management (HootSuite, Facebook Business Manager)
- Working knowledge and experience with Google Adwords, Analytics, and related tools.
- Experience with the Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver etc.).
- Experience using MailChimp or similar email marketing platform is an asset.
- Expertise in MS Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Internal Expiry Date: July 14, 2019
Posting # 20-0522
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type