Content/Front End Developer
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The Marketing & Communications Department at Baycrest has an opportunity
CONTENT/FRONT END DEVELOPER – FULL TIME
NON-UNION, 70 HOURS BI-WEEKLY
The Content/Frontend Developer, reports to the Manager, Media & Digital and works in conjunction with the Digital Designer/Developer. This role works to support the digital strategy content creation, and tactical execution of organization-wide online programs and communications for Baycrest and Baycrest Foundation. This role collaborates with cross functional groups to create, implement, track and optimize digital marketing and communications solutions that are aligned with organizational priorities and goals across all channels, websites and internal communication vehicles such as the intranet and campus digital displays.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Maintain Baycrest websites and microsites daily.
- Design, develop, test and implement website content, email campaigns, accompanying graphics, applications and 3rd party integrations.
- Manage digital displays located across the Baycrest campus.
- Manage domain registration, web hosting purchase/renewals and various other digital account purchases/renewals and administration.
- Lead the data capture, reporting and analysis of websites and digital campaigns for ongoing optimization and implementation of best practices and industry trends.
- Uphold best practices (UX, accessibility, SEO, social, maintenance) and champion best usage of digital channels
- Perform site audits and ensure all campaigns comply with latest industry requirements including AODA compliance, CASL compliance and content is consistent with brand identity guidelines.
- Provide guidance to inform best practices in the creation of digital content, which may include ideation, information architecture, copywriting, design, planning of technical requirements, development, quality assurance and measurement.
- Works with creative team and stakeholders to interpret and translate their needs and create mock-ups of landing pages, microsites, and develop them into fully functional & responsive digital experiences.
- Produce digital assets (web pages, PDFs, graphics, templates etc.) using design standards and user interface best practices for great user experiences.
- Optimize conversion rates by creating a simplified experience for donations and other goal driven interactions.
Qualifications (include but are not limited to):
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and business experience in digital marketing, computer programming, web design and development or other related program of study.
- 3+ years of experience in web development, design, UX, management of consumer facing websites and campaigns across all digital channels.
- Extensive experience working with clients to deliver digital initiatives across all digital channels.
- Previous experience in a healthcare and/or fundraising environment is preferred.
- Significant experience working in digital marketing field developing, implementing, tracking and optimizing digital marketing programs (CRM, SEO, SEM, Content, Social, Email, Ecommerce, Mobile etc.)
- Demonstrated success driving results with particular emphasis on web, content marketing, social and analytics.
- Experience in managing and maintaining multiple websites, e-blast campaign platforms and social media platforms.
- Experience in architecting and developing web sites and web applications through all phases including research, strategy, design, coding and testing.
- Experience in creative design (graphic design/web design)
- Experience with digital analytics.
- Experienced with email marketing software is mandatory (e.g. MailChimp, Marketo, Marketing Cloud, Exact Target etc.)
- Expert knowledge of Wordpress and Kentico CMS platforms (or similar CMS).
- Experience with Artez, Raisers Edge, DotNetNuke (DNN), SCALA Digital Signs, IIS, CPANEL, and other platforms.
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Internal Expiry Date: July 14, 2019
Posting # 20-0521
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type