Communications Specialist – Copywriter & Reports
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The Foundation at Baycrest has an opportunity for an
COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST – COPYWRITER &
REPORTS, FULL TIME
Non-Union, 70 Hours Bi-Weekly
Reporting to the Manager, Communications, the Communications Specialist - copywriting and reports is a highly skilled provider of content who will author and edit a wide variety of materials in support of Baycrest and Baycrest Foundation initiatives, with particular emphasis on fundraising and showcasing the impact of donations to inspire people to support Baycrest. This includes 1) Events and Major Gift and Stewardship reports for individuals, corporations and foundations, as well as 2) collateral and content related to Foundation events, brand promotion, ad copy, video scripts, presentation materials, research reports, invitations, web copy, articles for Marketing & Communications-produced publications, placed articles, newsletters, email campaigns, letters, speaking notes, direct mail and endowment report mailings, tribute card solicitations, campus wraps, Strategic Plan and the Viewbook. The Communications Specialist - copywriting and reports also supports day-to-day communications planning and execution on supporting materials such as draft plans, communications collateral, presentations, workback schedules, etc.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Creates passionate, articulate and moving stakeholder and donor stewardship reports that connect donors with the impact of their philanthropy
- Creates marketing and communications plans to support team work on a variety of initiatives
- Drafts communications pieces for both quick turnaround vehicles and long term projects
- Writes articles for Baycrest communications channels
- Creates compelling information and materials to support marketing and communications plans around the promotion and participation in events and to recognize the contributions of donors before, during and after events
- Produces engaging and moving speaking notes for Foundation and Centre events
- Works collaboratively with team members to manage the Annual Report process to produce a timely and informative product that is showcased online and presented to Board Members at the Annual Meetings of the Baycrest Centre and Baycrest Foundation
- Co-ordinates photography and video assignments to produce images to accompany content and highlight the achievements of the organization; works with digital specialists to ensure clarity and production of a visually appealing report
- Creates ad copy, online content and other collateral that promotes the goals, values and mission of Baycrest and Baycrest Foundation, frequently in tandem with other communications professionals, including the Senior Project Design Specialist
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Bachelor degree in Communications, Journalism, or other related discipline required
- Membership in good standing in the Association of Fundraising Professionals (‘AFP’) is an asset
- Five (5) years related writing/communications/copywriting experience in an agency with NFP clients and/or a Foundation.
Healthcare sector experience an asset
- Track record of success in authoring stewardship reports for Major Gifts donors
Experience writing for direct mail campaigns and other fundraising and donor acknowledgment/recognition pieces
- Experience creating marketing and communications plans and executing on deliverables (writing backgrounders, collateral pieces, speaking notes, fact sheets, letters, content for various media, etc.)
- Experience producing content that is engaging, relevant, and compatible with the latest technology:
- Content Marketing
- Ad Copy
- Email Marketing materials
- Web copy
- Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge or equivalent fundraising database
- Persuasive, articulate and compelling writing skills
- Proficient with the Microsoft suite of software, i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Working knowledge of applicable software programs, i.e. Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Publisher, etc.
- Assets: Experience with Content management systems (Wordpress/Kentico), Basic HTML, Mail Chimp
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Internal Expiry Date: June 26, 2019
Posting # 19-0352
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type