Clinical Manager, Inpatient Rehabilitation Services
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Inpatient Rehabilitation Services at Baycrest Hospital has an opportunity:
The Clinical Manager for Baycrest’s High Tolerance Rehabilitation (HTR) and Low Tolerance Long Duration (LTLD) Rehabilitation is accountable for ensuring clinical and operational excellence in these areas. The Clinical Manager will be responsible for promoting outstanding patient and family experience by developing and supporting high performance teams while ensuring high quality, safe patient care. In collaboration with the leadership team, the Clinical Manager will support the development and implementation of program planning and the evaluation of services to meet the patient and system needs. The Clinical Manager will be a key leader, supporting Baycrest in implementing new directions consistent with the Baycrest strategic plan and other health system requirements and innovations. Communication and collaboration with patients and their families, interprofessional team members and system partners are core expectations of this role.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supports the development and implementation of leading practices and service delivery approaches that advance exceptional patient experience and outcomes
- Promotes a patient & family-centred care approach, and responds effectively to and addresses issues identified by patients and family members
- Ensures an interprofessional approach to care, recognizing the unique contribution of each team member
- Coaches, mentors, supports, and facilitates the creation and maintenance of an environment that fosters teamwork, creativity, and professional judgment
- Provides and manages point of care resources to ensure safe and effective patient care
- Contributes to the organization and the program in the realization of Baycrest’s mission, vision, values and strategic plan
- Supports program planning and evaluation of services, in collaboration with the leadership and clinical team to advance patient, program and system priorities
- Supports the development and implementation of quality improvement processes, including metrics and performance indicators
- Plans and effectively manages financial/operational budgets and utilization and flow targets and overall unit performance
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Current membership in good standing with a Regulated Health Discipline Professional College in Ontario
- Master’s Degree achieved or in progress
- Current and valid Basic Cardiac Life Support (‘BCLS”) certification
- Significant experience in the field of inpatient rehabilitation and knowledge of sector-specific trends and initiatives
- Knowledge and skill in program evaluation, development and implementation
- Demonstrated expertise in quality and process improvement, and change management
- Strong financial and human resource management skills
- Minimum 3 years of leadership and management experience, preferably in a Hospital environment
- Demonstrated effective communication, team building, problem solving and conflict resolution skills in an interprofessional team environment
- Demonstrated effective and innovative leadership, critical thinking, problem solving and judgment skills
- Knowledge of and proficiency of computer applications/software and Hospital Information Systems
- Demonstrated on-going professional development and continuing education
- Previous management experience in a unionized environment and knowledge of collective agreements preferred
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Internal Expiry Date: November 30, 2018
Posting # 18-0645
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type