- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Food & Nutrition Services Department at Baycrest has an opportunity for a
CLINICAL DIETITION, CASUAL
OPSEU 583 – Hourly Rate Scale: $33.29 – $42.42
On-call as needed
The Food and Nutrition Services Department at Baycrest provides service to clients in the Baycrest Centre and the Apotex Jewish Home for the Aged. Our vision is to provide safe, appetizing food of optimum nutritional quality to facilitate an enjoyable mealtime experience for patients, residents, staff and visitors in compliance with the Jewish laws of Kashruth.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assessing, planning and implementing interventions to ensure the provision of the best possible nutritional care for clients.
- Updating client nutritional care plans, attending client care conferences, as well as providing nutritional training and education to students and staff.
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Current member of College of Dietitians of Ontario, in good standing.
- Experience in a Long Term Care Setting.
- Experience in a Complex Continuing Care Hospital Setting
- Experience in Enteral Nutrition
- Experience working as a member of an interprofessional team.
- Previous experience providing staff and student educational programs.
- Administrative interest and experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer skills including the ability to use Microsoft Office Software (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook), Meditech as well as specialized nutrition related software.
- Ability to interact effectively with clients, families and members of the interprofessional team.
- Knowledge of or an interest in research.
- Adherence to infection control policies and procedures.
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Posting # 18-0647
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type