Clinic Secretary - Dental Clinic
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
The Dental Clinic at Baycrest has an opportunity for a
Clinic Secretary, Part-time Temporary (5 months)
42 Biweekly hours – Days (shifts may be subject to change)
The Alpha Omega Dental Centre for Geriatric Care at Baycrest will be the pre-eminent dental facility in Canada and the leading training centre for evidence-based geriatric dental care; addressing the needs of frail, disabled, cognitively impaired and medically complex older adults in a compassionate and therapeutic setting. We are seeking a part-time clinic secretary to be part of our team and contribute to this aspiration. Whilst the primary focus of this role is supporting dental administrative needs, the role involves collaborative support for Chiropody clinic as part of a larger clinical services administrative team. The role reports directly to the Supervisor, Ambulatory Services.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Process referrals, booking and confirming appointments, as well as maintaining the team’s schedule
- Greets patients and facilitating an excellent level of customer service throughout the patient’s visit
- Process payment for care provided
- Liaise with various referrals sources to ensure completion of referrals or other documents requested by the team
- Prepare daily and monthly reports and any additional reports as requested
- Organize daily charts and other filing
- Operates and maintains the computerized client information system
- Book client appointments
- Provide reception, telephone answering services and general clerical and administrative support
- Provide support for effective functioning of The Alpha Omega Dental Centre for Geriatric Care & Ambulatory Specialty Clinics
- Maintains and compiles stats for clinic services
- Order and maintaining supplies and equipment
- Work in close liaison with staff from other departments to maintain accurate information on clients
- Schedules clinical staff, ensuring accurate payroll
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- Completion of a recognized post-secondary Office Dental Administration program (i.e. George Brown College) or similar
- Minimum two (2) years of work experience as a Dental Administrative professional
- Post-secondary degree or diploma preferred
- Proficiency in using Dentrix software
- Experience with Meditech (Electronic Health Record) and ESP (scheduling program) are assets.
- Demonstrated knowledge of dental terminology
- Keyboarding speed of 65 w.p.m.
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Word, Excel and scheduling program
- Ability to accurately perform financial calculations related to invoicing and accounts receivables
- Willingness and ability to learn all additional necessary computer programs required for this position (Point Click Care)
- Experience in a hospital environment working with elderly clients and their families
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to do third party billing
- Ability to prioritize, organize workload and plan independently
- Demonstrated ability to effectively deal with complex, stressful situations and multiple demands
- Excellent client service skills
- Ability to create and maintain a team atmosphere
- Must be highly proficient with computer use especially in data entry in real-time
- Strong customer service skills and ability to perform reception functions
Internal applicants: It is preferred that you submit your application online via our intranet. Please ensure that your updated resume is submitted with your application. Failure to submit your resume, may affect your candidacy for this position.
External applicants: Please submit your application online by clicking the Apply button below.
Internal Expiry Date: November 5, 2020
Posting # 20-0753
Remarkable people of Baycrest Health Sciences are changing the future of brain health and aging.
Thank you for your interest in joining Baycrest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. All successful candidates will be required to complete a police reference check/vulnerable sector screen. As staff we all share in maintaining a safe care environment for clients, families, and visitors and a safe work environment for staff, students, researchers, physicians and volunteers. Baycrest is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 416-785-2500, ext. 2961.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type